|Chapter 51|

"... I loved Kaneki-kun alot... even when I knew what I would be risking just to stay with him, and I think he knew that too, that's why Kaneki-kun tried to give me the best life he could... cause he knew that one day... I wouldn't have it anymore.. "

Sasaki listened intently to everything Rima was saying. Just like he promised he would.

"... that day I found him dying in the underground sewers... I felt my life splitting in two pieces. Having my parents killed when I was younger, Kaneki-kun became my source light. He was always so kind, and sweet. He became my life...

That's why I wanted to die when he did..."

Sasaki flinched. He reached across the small table and grabbed one of Rima's hands, running his thumb across her knuckles in a soothing manner. He didn't like it when Rima talked about stuff like this.

"You don't have to say anymore..."

Rima shook her head, smiling,"No. It's fine. I want you to know everything about me! That way if I happen to loose my memories again, I'll have you instead of a stupid notebook."Sasaki smiled lightly back.

"Like I said... I wanted to die. Kaneki-kun was gone, I knew Aogiri Tree wasn't going to let me go so easily... I had nothing to go back to. Nothing to live for... until I met you..."

Sasaki's eyes widened,"That day in the cell... when they let me out, I was planning on going on a rampage, destroying everything in my path until they destroyed me.."Rima said with a smile.

"But when you.. that vision of you I guess.. told me that even if I didn't have anyone, I had you... You gave me a little spark... at first, because you looked so much like him, I thought you were just a figment of my imagination, but you were always there..."Rima said, putting a hand over Sasaki's that held hers, drawing circles on the back of it.

"I guess somewhere along the line, we developed a strong bond.... I used to think of you as my Kaneki-kun replacement... but now, you're just Haise-kun... the man who saved me when my life ended..."

Sasaki smiled,"An I would do it all over again!... I-I mean, I w-wouldn't want you to go through something like that a-again! I-I just-"

Rima put a hand over Sasaki's mouth, stopping Sasaki from making a fool of himself.

Rima smiled,"I know what you mean, you big doofus."Rima couldn't help but giggle. Sasaki's eye wrinkled slightly, showing Rima that he was laughing to. Taking her hand back, Rima picked up her coffee, taking a sip of it.

"Sorry."Sasaki apologized as he scratched his chin with his finger,"So... uhh... there's this new movie out... do you want to go watch it?"Sasaki asked nervously.

"But I have that appointment with Akira-nee to get my hair cut, remember?"

Sasaki nodded,"I know. I wasn't talking about a movie theater... I was talking about renting the movie and watching it at home..."

A blush suddenly formed over the two young adults cheeks. Before Rima could reply, a loud voice yelled from the other side of the room.

"Go Sassan! You're doing great!"

Sasaki's blush deepened as he looked over an saw his whole student team smiling at the two, while Rima put her hands over her cheeks in embarrassment. Sasaki suddenly grabbed Rima's hand and ran out of the cafe, telling that Shirazu was going to pay.

"Haise-kun! What are you doing!?"

Sasaki slowed to a stop after a few blocks, his hand holding Rima's tight. He chuckled at Rima embarrassed,"Sorry, but you know how Shirazu is..."