|Chapter 10|

Akira took one last glance at Rima before heading outside to call somebody. She dialed a number and held her phone to her ear. It only rang twice before it was answered.

"Hello Akira-san. Is something wrong?"

"I think you might want to know something... Sasaki..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasaki sat at his desk chair staring blankly at the wall in front of him. He wondered how something like that could have happened? When he left, she was perfectly fine. Sasaki raised a hand to his face, looking between his fingers and sighing. He replayed the conversation he had with Akira earlier.

   "I think you might want to know something... Sasaki..." Akira's voice sounded distant through the phone's speaker.

"What is it?" Sasaki was confused. Usually if Akira wanted to tell him something important, she would want to meet him in person. Sasaki had a bad feeling about this...

"It's about Rima..." Akira started. Sasaki's heart stopped for a second. He knew it,"... during her check-up, there was some complications..."

"Is she all right? She's not hurt, is she?" Sasaki didn't know what he would do if something bad happened to Rima.

Akira sighed. "Right now, she's asleep... the doctors got her stable enough to let her sleep till morning. Then they'll have to run some more tests to see what exactly went wrong..."

Now it was Sasaki's turn to sigh. He brought a hand up to pinch the top of his nose. "What happened? Do you know?"

"When I walked in, she was unconscious. She was crying and her body would jerk every now and then... after I tried to wake her up, she started to mumble..."

Sasaki was kind of glad that he wasn't there to witness that. There was no telling what he would have done. Sasaki was only grateful that someone was there when it happened, and that Rima wasn't by herself...

"But Sasaki..."

"Yes?"

It was quiet for a moment..." I think it would be best if you an the others in your squad, take a break from visiting Rima for awhile..."

Sasaki felt a sudden urge of anger. He didn't want to leave Rima alone. Not now. Not ever. Even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone, Rima had grown on him incredibly fast. He couldn't go a day without thinking about her anymore. It was pretty surprising. For the past month, just by himself Sasaki would visit Rima every day for at least 10 minutes - always longer if he could.

"What! Why?"

"Calm down, Sasaki... I'm only saying it as in, all this talking and brain activity going on in her head after just waking up from a coma might have been a cause to what happened. And I know she has been helping in the torso investigation... using her brain too much is not good for her right now... we need to lay off on the visits. Me included.." Akira explained. There seemed to be something more but Sasaki didn't bother to question it.

Now that Sasaki thought about it, the more she was right.

"Yeah... okay. I'll tell the others when I see them."