|Chapter 26|

"There's no need to cry Touka... They'll come back and it'll be like they never left..."He said, turning to look down at Touka.

   Touka glared lightly at him,"I am not crying!"She declared, turning her head away. Though when she brought a hand up to her cheeks, Touka felt cold tears falling from her eyes. Gasping softly, Touka quickly tried to wipe away the tears. How could she just start crying like that without even knowing. Touka mentally scolded herself.

   Looking back up at the door, Touka sighed, making Yomo look to her in wonder,"I only hope it's soon... I don't know how much longer I can wait..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Rima and Sasaki stood if front of very quiet Akira, like two kids who were getting scolded by their mother for not coming back in time for dinner. As soon as they stepped foot into the CCG building, Akira was waiting for them - her arms crossed. She immediately led them to a empty meeting room where they now are. Akira hadn't said a word so far, only studying the pair as they looked nervously back.

   Finally, after breaking under the silence, both Rima and Sasaki clapsed their hands together in a praying gesture, bowing their heads.

    "Please forgive us Akira-(san/nee)!"

   Akira sighed, closing her eyes,"What if you two were attacked? Sasaki, you didn't even bring your quinque..."Akira stated.

   Sasaki stood straight, nervously scratching his chin, chuckling,"Y-yeah... I forgot it in Mutsuki's room..."He admitted,"... b-but if someone had attacked us, I would have been able to use my Kagune!"

   Akira shook her head,"That's only for when a quinque isn't enough. Beside the people who are targeting Rima... a half-ghoul kagune may not be enough..."Akira's eyes widened slightly, cursing herself for letting that little note slip.

   Rima looked to Akira confused. As did Sasaki."What do you mean 'people who are targeting me' ?"That sounded serious.

   Akira looked between the two seriously, debating if she should let Rima know. She was already going to alert Sasaki about, but she guessed she was going to have to include Rima now. Akira knew once Rima had her mind set on something, she'd get it done...

   "Awhile ago... when you were still in the hospital... we found traces of ghoul secretion a few doors down from you... the secretion that matched the ghoul named Serpent..."

   Sasaki's eyes widened and his whole body tensed. An S Rated Ghoul was so close to Rima and he didn't even know. What if he had tried to attack her. Sasaki wouldn't have been able to protect her. Rima just stood quietly, letting the information sink in.

   Sasaki took a step closer, wanting to make sure he heard Akira loud and clear,"W-wait... How do you know he was targeting Rima? He could have just been trying to attack the CCG...."He asked.

   Akira nodded,"I asked the same thing.. but Serpent works for Aogiri Tree and... and the Aogiri Tree wants Rima... that's no coincidence Sasaki. Aogiri sent Serpent to do a little recon mission on where Rima was..."Akira explained.

   Sasaki's body went cold this time. Aogiri Tree wants Rima!? But why now? After so long? Sasaki was going to voice his question when a soft voice interrupted him.

   "What's Aogiri Tree?"

   The two doves looked to Rima as she just stood their with furrowed brow and mouth set in a frown. Akira exhaled heavily, she really didn't want to explain who Aogiri Tree was to her. Afraid it might bring up some bad memories... but Rima had to know. Rima was the only person who could keep herself truly safe.