|Chapter 43|

"Master! I smell your blood! Did you cut-!"Kanae stopped abruptly when he saw the scene before him. Shu holding a serious wound while Rima sat with her kagune moving around her, looking scared.

   "Y-you... hurt... Master Shu...."Kanae growled, glaring at Rima as his eyes turned black and red.

   Rima turned terrified and started to tremble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   As Kanae started to take precise steps toward her, Rima struggled to get to her feet - the pain her body was experiencing made it hard to stand straight. Rima held her hands up in defense as Kanae got closer.

   "P-please... I didn't mean too..."

   It was one right after another. Rima just couldn't catch a break. Couldn't fate just let her fix things? She's really trying her hardest right now. After that she wouldn't care what happened to herself.

   "You hurt Master Shu, and now you need to pay the price!"Kanae growled, finally close enough to swing a fist at Rima.

   Eyes widening at the incoming attack, Rima closed her eyes and held her arms up... only to here the sound of bones breaking and a sharp gasp. Not feeling the effects of a punch, Rima opened one eye and looked between her arms. She spotted Kanae a few steps away, holding a broken hand.

   "Y-you piece of trash! You broke my hand!"Kanae yelled.

   Rima was confused on how she could have broken Kanae's hand when she didn't even touch him. Her wonders were answered when she saw her kagune twist around her again though. Knowing that still brought on new questions. Rima didn't even move the large organs on her back. It was like they had a mind of their own...

   "You will pay!"

   Too busy studying her kagune and what had happened, she didn't noticed Kanae start running at her resulting in him tackling her to the floor. Shocked and scared, Rima tried to push the crazed man off of her as her kagune moved around under her, stretching out and poised to attack.

   But before they could pierce anything, a long sharp red sword like thing that was wrapped around Kanae's right arm pierced both of Rima's kagunes, impaling it to the ground rendering them unable to move. Rima looked from her trapped kagune to Kanae as he breathed heavily from above her, his eyes showing a crazed looked.

   "You will be sorry for hurting Master Shu!"He growled, raising his free hand behind him pulling it as far back as he could and making it into a fist. Rima knew that fist would create a hole wherever it landed or at the very least break a bone.

   Raising both her arms to at least slow the punch down, Rima waited for a blow to be landed again. She just only hoped it didn't kill her...

   As she closed her eyes Rima could hear the wind passing by Kanae's fist as he swung it down. She tried to ready herself to fight through this pain. Just as Rima felt it graze her arms, the sound of someone being kick was heard, and the weight of the man on top of her disappeared.

   "Listen good Kanae, cause I will only say this once..."Rima heard Tsukiyama say, his voice low,"... the only one who will touch Hizake Rima will be me and only me... do you understand?"

   Looking up, Rima saw Tsukiyama standing next to him. His wound looked to have healed now but the blood was covering it so she couldn't tell. From seeing the obvious, Rima figured Tsukiyama was the one who sent Kanae into the wall were he stayed, looking down at the ground with blood dripping from his forehead.

   "Yes Master Shu..."

   Rima sat up slowly, holding a hand to her head as she winced. This was just too much for her right now.

   Tsukiyama turned to Rima and knelt down,"Are you okay- Rima!"Tsukiyama exclaimed as Rima suddenly fainted, catching her before he hit her head on the floor,"Rima-chan? Are you okay?"He asked as he shook Rima lightly.

   A few days later - with Sasaki...

   Sasaki sat down on her bed, taking a look at all the boxes that filled her room. The moving company had dropped Rima's stuff off yesterday and Sasaki didn't feel like unpacking anything for her. Not because there was too much - which there was. Sasaki wondered if Akira had bought Rima the whole store instead of a few shirts and shorts - but just because Rima had asked if she and him could unpack her stuff together.

   And he wasn't going to break that promise just because she wasn't here. Rima's stuff would stay unpacked and unmoved until she was here to do it herself - with Sasaki's help of course. Sasaki just hoped it was sometime soon.

   Sasaki leaned back, laying against Rima's bed staring up at the ceiling. It had been 3 full days since Rima had left and nobody has seen or heard of Rima since then. It was like she vanished. Sasaki was really starting to believe Rima was hurt somewhere, scared and too terrified to try an come back.

   An it was also three days since he was informed that the Aogiri Tree has plans of sending a group to try and capture Rima. The ghoul had said that a week from 3 days ago was when they plan to start the operation. Which means they only had 4 days to go.

   Sasaki only had four days to find Rima before they do...

  Sasaki put a hand over his chest and sighed. He had thought of probably a thousand different scenarios of what could have happened at that moment when Rima left him. Most of them involved him miraculously fighting through the numbness and taking a hold of Rima in his arms tightly and not letting go of her until she changed her mind about leaving. Some involved him realizing what was happening and stopping this whole mess before it even happened. It's apparent though that all of them revolves around things that Sasaki should have known better of.

   Sasaki chuckled lightly. If only that was how it really turned out.

   He only wished that Rima was somewhere safe for the time being and not in the hands of a ghoul, having to fight for herself...