|Chapter 29|

"Are you okay?"He asked, as Akira walked back in with a bottle of water, handing it to Rima who took it gratefully. Rima opened it, drinking almost half of it before sitting in back on the table. She was quiet before she suddenly turned to the two doves, a bright smile on her face. It shocked the two older adults.

   "I don't see what you're so worried about... I'm fine!"Rima said joyfully.

   Akira and Sasaki looked to each other with furrowed brows....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Akira and Sasaki watched with furrowed brow as Rima talked happily with Shirazu and Mutsuki. Ever since she had woken up from her... episode... Rima had been acting different. Sasaki was worried she would get depressed again, or get mad even.

   But no... it was the complete opposite. Rima was acting all happy and cheerful. Like nothing was ever wrong in the world. That bothered him to no end. It was like her personality did a complete 180°, and it kind of scared him.

   What did she remember? Did she even remember anything at all? These were just two of the long list of questions Sasaki had. He was worried for Rima and all he wanted to do was help her.

   But how could he help her if he didn't know what was wrong...

   "Why do you think she's acting like this?"Sasaki asked, looking at Rima sadly. Akira shook her head.

   "It could be a number of things."Akira said, turning to face the door, looking at Sasaki,"Though all of it concerns me. I don't like this... I don't like this at all."

   Sasaki nodded,"I know how you feel.."

   Akira put a hand on Sasaki's shoulder,"But don't worry. We'll find out why. In the mean time, I want you to stay by her side every second of the day now."

   Sasaki's eyes widened and he looked at Akira confused,"B-but I thought you said that I wasn't strong enough to protect her!"Akira nodded, looking Sasaki in the eye.

   "Yes I did, but I just talked to Arima and told him what happened. It seems that the Aogiri Tree knows that Rima is within our protection, more specifically mine. It would do good to not keep her under a single persons watch for too long."Akira explained,"Right now with how things are going, and with how Rima is right now... I think you are the best person suitable to watch her."Akira added with a small smile.

   Sasaki blushed lightly, nodding. He would never turn down a chance to be with Rima more. Akira removed her hand from Sasaki's shoulder, giving Rima one last glance.

   "I have to go and have Rima's things arranged to be sent over to your apartment. Keep her safe, Sasaki."Akira looked back to Sasaki, who nodded once - a promising look in his eyes. Satisfied, Akira left.

   As Sasaki watched the door close, a hand on his arm made him jump and spin his head around. Sasaki blushed once again at the sight of Rima looking at him, her head tilted to the right, a confused look on her face. So cute...

   "Where did Akira-nee go?"Rima asked.

   "A-ah... Akira had to leave to go do something before she left..."Sasaki tried hard not to stutter. It really wasn't his fault that he couldn't think straight with her.

   Rima nodded,"Am I supposed to go with her?"She asked looking towards the room door. Sasaki quickly shook his head.

   "No! I m-mean... you're staying with me... I'm going to take care of you for now..."

   Rima quickly locked eyes with Sasaki, and he froze as he saw a dead emotion flash in her eyes before she covered it up with a bright smile closing her eyes, throwing her arms around his waist, and burying her face in his shirt effectively hiding itfrom his line of sight. Though her action made Sasaki's blush harden.

   "Ahh~ I'm so happy~! We get to spend so much more time together!"Rima's voice - although loud - was muffled by Sasaki's chest, making it hard to understand what she had said.

   "Y-yeah..."Sasaki mumbled,"Would you like to go take a tour of the apartment now or later?"Sasaki asked as he gently pulled Rima from his chest. He was sure if she stayed there any longer, he would pass out from the lack of oxygen going to his brain.

   But Rima latched onto his arm, squeezing it to her chest. Sasaki felt his soul start to slowly leave his body,"Now! That way, we can spend all night together~!"Rima said happily. Sasaki could only nod, his voice seemingly had left him.

   Still holding onto Sasaki's arm, Rima turned her head around to the others,"Hey I get to stay with you guys now, so Haise-kun and I are gonna go ahead to the apartment! See you guys later~!"Rima couldn't keep the smile off her face.

  Shirazu smirked as he looked at the two 'lovebirds'."Well ain't that great. Have fun, and don't do anything I would Sassan!"

   "Be q-quiet!"Sasaki stuttered before saying a quick bye and pulling Rima out of the room, and away from the perverted mind of Shirazu. Rima just kept a closed eyed smile as she allowed Sasaki to drag her out of the CCG building and into a white cab.

   Sasaki helped Rima in and followed after her shutting the door behind him. Sasaki was quick in telling the cab drive his address, and letting his head fall his back against the seat in relief glad to finally be moving. It was short lived when Sasaki felt a leg brush up against his and a head rest on his shoulder. Slowly lifting is head and looking down, Sasaki blushed for who knows of many times at the sight of Rima snuggling into his side.

   "R-Rima... w-what are you d-doing?"Sasaki asked, and Rima tilted her head up to look at him.

   "What?... do you... not enjoy... my company...?"Rima asked in a small voice, looking at Sasaki with sad eyes.

   Sasaki's eyes widened and he shook his head furiously,"T-that's not it... I d-do e-enjoy your com-company.... I-it's just that..."He hesitated.

   "You don't like me touching you...?"

   Sasaki blushed at her choice of words,"I just don't want you to feel like you have to... What you said earlier at the cafe... about waiting... I agree with you. We should get to know each other first..."Sasaki explained.

   Rima looked in thought out the window,"Yeah... but I would still like to hug you... at least just one more time..." Sasaki couldn't help but feel there was a hidden meaning by her last few words.

   After that, Sasaki let Rima snuggle into his side, and watched with soft eyes as she stared out the window. Sasaki could feel it. He could feel that something inside Rima had changed. She wasn't the same person he just tried to confess earlier that day. And it scared Sasaki.

   Whatever made Rima change... it made her change for the worse. At least that's what Sasaki feels. He gently grabbed Rima's hand and looked into her eyes as they constantly moved to look at the outside world.

   They looked kind of dull...

   They looked exactly the same way they did when he looked into them in the alley way...

   What's going on inside of that mind of yours... Rima....