|Chapter 28|

Akira tried repeatedly to get Rima to respond to her, but it was like she didn't want to listen. Akira cursed under her breath as she stayed rooted in her spot, not daring to move from Rima's side. She needed to be there when Rima got out of this episode.

The only sign that they had that showed Rima was still partially with them, was when she gripped Sasaki's hand tightly with one of hers, pulling it closer to her, and leaning more into his side. Almost as if she was trying to escape the memory by hiding in Sasaki's arms.

But it wasn't over just yet...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rima woke up to a sore body and a killer headache. Groaning, she leaned her head back raising a hand to try and ease - even if just a little - of the massive headache. Though instead of feeling relief, Rima felt sharp tugging at her wrist. Confused, Rima rolled her head to the side, only to find her arms behind her back, tied to a chair.

Sitting up straighter now Rima tried repeatedly to move her arms, but only getting nowhere. From the slight clinking noise, Rima was able to deduce that she was, in fact, handcuffed. Now scared, Rima struggled even more to get her hands free, but quickly had to stop soon after as her side started to become unbearable. It felt like hundreds of searing knives tore into her side, and were slowly twisting.

Groaning once again, Rima wished she could fall back asleep, letting her head hang down in front if her. Anything to get away from this pain. But as Rima tried to stay as still as possible, the sound of a metal door opening rang into her ears. Freezing, Rima thinking it was some pervert who kidnapped her, played asleep, waiting for them to come closer so she could kick them with her free foot.

Rima waited with nervous patience as she heard footsteps near her, stopping only when they reached a foot away from her. Waiting a second to make sure they weren't going to step away, Rima shot her head up, leaning back in the chair to get the most leverage and stuck her foot directly at the mid-section of the person in front of her.

Rima was completely shocked when their hand shot out and gripped her foot painfully, stopping her attack instantly. Rima breathed heavily as she stared up at her attacker. He was a tall male in his 20's, had short blonde hair, and wore a weird mask over the lower part of his face. He looked emotionlessly at Rima, his grip on her foot tightening just a bit, though it was enough to make Rima wince in pain.

"I see you're alive and well..."Even his tone was cold and emotionless. Just his presence made Rima want to run for the hills. Rima only gulped loudly.

The man dropped Rima's foot, but roughly grabbed her by her hair, turning her head this way and that."It seems that Ayato didn't inflict to much damage..."He noted to himself aloud.

Rima finally sucked up enough courage to speak,"W-what... do you w-want...with... m-me..."Rima's voice was hoarse and it cracked in a few places, making her feel like she hadn't drank water in years.

The man only looked down at Rima with cold eyes, debating if he should answer her question or not. Deciding that since she had a 50/50 chance of surviving more then a week, he decided to humor the poor girl. Standing up straight and taking a few steps back, the man decided to reply.

"Once he gets here... we will begin preparation for the transplant..."Was all he said. Rima looked to him with furrowed brows.

"What t-transplant? W-what does that h-have to do with m-me?"

A rude voice answered her this time,"Well... wouldn't the little human want to know... Why don't you just wait and find out..."