|Chapter 37|

Sasaki watched as Rima started to walk away, not even turning to look back at him. Sasaki literally felt his heart breaking at the sight of her walking away. He was so hurt that he didn't even notice the tears falling from his eyes.

   As Rima began getting smaller and smaller, so did Sasaki's field of vision. The black spot started taking over his sight and soon enough, the last thing Sasaki saw was Rima...

   Rima with her back turned to him....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Midnight...

   "Where are they!?"

   "The last I heard was that they went to the cafe, but Mutsuki already looked in there!"

   "They couldn't have gotten far, Akira-san. A waitress said that they left right around 4. They only been missing for... for 8... hours..."

   Sasaki started hearing voices near him breaking through the thick fog of haze in his mind, and tried desperately to open his eyes, but his body felt so heavy and his chest hurt so much. Trying to sit up straight, Sasaki groaned under the pain and fell back again his back landing against what felt like a brick wall.

   "What was that?"

   "It came from over here!"

   The sound of shoes shuffling around on concrete filled Sasaki's ears as he tried once again to get up. He needed to get up or she'll be gone forever.

   "Sasaki!"Two girlish voices yelled as a hand clamped onto his arm before he could fall back again.

   "Sassan are you okay? Where's Rima-chan!?"A male voice asked.

   "Ri.... go..n..e... have t....o... ge..t... her..."Sasaki wheezed, his words barely recognizable. Suddenly, he felt two small but warm hands on his cheeks.

   "Sasaki. Look at me. Open your eyes and look at me."A familiar voice ordered. A few tears fell from Sasaki's eyes.

   "Ak...ira..."Sasaki mumbled, willing his eyes to crack open, even just a little. And he thanked whoever that they did. Sasaki shifted his tearful eyes slowly to Akira, who kneeled in front of him holding onto his cheeks,"... I... could...n't... s....to...p.... ... he.... ..r..."Sasaki whispered.

   He was staring to feel his arms and legs again, but Sasaki just sat there hunched over - he didn't want to feel anything right now. Sasaki moved his eyes from Akira down to the hand that laid in his lap. The hand that she last held before disappearing. It felt heavy, but not as heavy as his heart felt.

   "Sasaki. Where's Rima?"Akira asked. Any normal person wouldn't have heard it, but since he knew Akira so well, Sasaki heard the pain and sacredness in the older women's voice. Akira was terrified. Terrified about what could happen to a missing Rima.

   Sasaki, without looking, answered in the most direct way possible. Leaving no room for misunderstanding. But just hearing it fall from his mouth made it hurt even more. Made it real. Something he almost couldn't take.

   "G... go... gone..."Sasaki mumbled.

   Akira stiffened and her whole body went cold. It felt like she had ice water poured over her. Shakily pulling her hands from Sasaki's cheeks, Akira stood to her feet. Turning around and not looking back, she ordered the others to help Sasaki up.

   She already went through this before. Losing Rima once before was enough, but now that she just got her back only to lose her again, made everything much more colder.

   "Mutsuki. Shirazu. Help Sasaki up. I'm calling someone to take him to the hospital."Akira's voice was cold - though she tried to softened it. She knew it wasn't their fault. Especially Sasaki's. She was just upset Rima was actually gone.

   It seemed like every time Sasaki and Rima went missing, Akira would be worried out of her mind... but they would be found safe. She must have just put much hope into this third time... even though third times the charm as they say.

   "Yeah..."Shirazu mumbled before turning towards his leader - and friend even though he wouldn't flat out admit it - grabbing Sasaki's left arm and putting it around his neck, waiting for Mutsuki to do the same.

   Shirazu didn't really think of much as Mutsuki and him pulled Sasaki's body up to stand. He only thought of the smiling blue eyed girl and who could have taken her right out from under Sasaki's nose. Shirazu knew Sasaki loved Rima. He thought something was going on before, but ever since Rima had moved in, Shirazu could tell the love Sasaki had for the small girl. Everyone could. So there was no way that he could have just let someone take Rima without a fight. This whole thing just didn't seem tight to him, or either of them.

   Shirazu along with Mutsuki just wondered how their funny but dangerous when he wants to be mentor is taking the whole thing.

   From the way Sasaki hung his head, not so well....

   On a empty street hours away...

   "Haaa.... ha... haa..."

   The struggle to get enough air into a pair of lungs was loud. Rima wondered how she was able to make such a noise. She had been running for hours and her lungs felt like they were going to collapse. But that wasn't the only thing that hurt in her chest.

   Rima tried not to remember his face. Tried not to remember the way his body laid up against the building like he was dead. How she just left him there. The way his face filled with so much pain as she got up to leave. It took all she had not to turn around and tell him she wasn't going to leave again.

   Rima laughed emotionlessly as she put a hand over her face to hide the tears. Her feet unwillingly stop, and Rima fell to her knees on the middle of a side walk. Soon enough, her shoulders started to shake and sobs started to rack her small body.

   Even when she tried to help and protect people from getting hurt, she seemed to hurt them all the same. Ha! She couldn't do anything without hurting someone. Rima leaned her forehead against the cold concrete as she tried to quietly cry her pain out.

   She needed to leave everything behind, but she couldn't. Rima started laughing quietly. She was so weak...

   "Hello there madam moselle..."

   Rima's crying immediately stop, and she slowly lifted her head and looked through her hair at the pair of leg ms that stood next to her. Rima instantly felt a bad vibe coming from the person, and tried to stand up, but a hand shot out an grabbed her upper arm. Rima looked up into the face of a purple haired man that wore a mask that just covered his eyes.

   "L-let go!"Rima struggled.

   The male chuckled,"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. Would you please follow me or would you like me to bring you in a body bag?"

   Rima was startled and could only stare at the male with wide eyes.

   It looks like her plans are going to have to take a slight detour....