|Chapter 44|

Sasaki put a hand over his chest and sighed. He had thought of probably a thousand different scenarios of what could have happened at that moment when Rima left him. Most of them involved him miraculously fighting through the numbness and taking a hold of Rima in his arms tightly and not letting go of her until she changed her mind about leaving.

   Sasaki chuckled lightly. If only that was how it really turned out.

   He only wished that Rima was somewhere safe for the time being and not in the hands of a ghoul, having to fight for herself...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   In a Shop located down a Alley...

   A small hooded body made its way into a shop just down a alleyway. Looking around, the person could spot figure like things covered with a white sheet, about four of them, but the one she was looking for wasn't there. Stepping a little farther into the shop, the person put a cupped hand near the side of their mouth.

   "Uta-san? Where are you? I need to talk to you."

   It was quiet for a second, until the sound of slight rustling could be heard, then a sheet was ripped from one of the mannequins - or what the person thought was a mannequins. Hiding under the sheet, was none other than the person that they was looking for.

   Said man was sitting on a stool, his cardigan that he always wore was hanging off his left shoulder and his half shaven head was tilted to the side.

   "What do we need to talk about... Touka-chan? Did you need a new mask?"Uta asked.

   Touka sighed, pulling down her hood and looking the not much older man in the eyes,"I need some information about someone..."

   "And who would you need information about?"

   Touka frowned and averted her eyes to the side, her fists clenching slightly,"About Aogiri Tree..."

   "Do you not remember what Yomo-kun said... we must not mess with them if not necessary... I'm sure you remember what happened last time when someone decided to fight the Aogiri-"Uta as cut off.

   "I-I know! But this time it's different. I'm not going to fight them, I just want information."Touka corrected.

   Uta blinked at Touka a few times,"If I know it, then I'll be happy to tell you..."

   Touka's face showed one of slight happiness before she quickly composed herself. Taking a deep breath, Touka began talking,"A few days ago... I went out looking for... somebody... that went missing. As I went closer the line that bordered the 20th and 19th wards, I happened to come across two members of Aogiri Tree. They were eating a human and were talking loudly so they weren't able to hear me."

   "As I hid behind a concrete pillar, deciding if I should leave or not, one of them started talking. They were complaining about how they couldn't go on this high level retrieval mission to kidnap a girl..."Touka's explaining suddenly faltered,"... not just any girl... they were going to kidnap Hizake Rima..."

   Touka barely saw the minuscule movement of Uta's eyes widening. Touka sighed,"... when I heard her name, I was going go ask them what they we're going to do with Rima, but a group of doves ran up out of nowhere. I was able to escape unnoticed, while they killed one who tried to fight back and took the other hostage.."Touka explained, going back go that night. Only if those doves hadn't shown up..

   Uta put a finger to his chin in thought,"Hmm... that quiet a good amount of information you have already... why do you need mine?"

   Touka huffed lightly,"Because. One, I don't know where they will attack and two, when they will attack. Don't you have an informant inside the Aogiri Tree? Please Uta-san, this is important..."Touka pleaded.