|Chapter 18|

"You don't have to thank me, I'm only doing what I think would be best for you."Rima nodded,"...the clothes seem to fit you well, though a little baggy, but don't worry. I'll go an get you new ones."Akira said.

   Rima smiled gently, turning to Fujioka one last time."See you later, Fujioka-san."

   "See ya, Hizake-san!"

   Rima turned back to Akira, nodding,"Okay... I'm ready."

   Akira nodded back, turning towards the direction of the elevators,"Then let's get going."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Stepping outside the revolving doors of the CCG Rima took a deep breath in happy to get fresh oxygen in her lungs. Akira only smiled at the young girl before turning her head back straight. The pair headed towards a parked car across the street, walking quietly. Getting into the car, Akira immediately started the engine and took off.

   Rima was vaguely aware of what direction they were going in, only concerned about actually seeing new places. It felt like years since she actually saw any of these buildings, and it made her happy on the inside to be able to see what normal people have been seeing for years.

   Akira - tired of the silence - decided to start a conversation,"You know... I haven't seen you for days... and now that I finally get to see you, you turn mute?"

   Rima sighed softly,"I'm sorry Akira-nee, I've just had a lot on my mind lately."

   Akira nodded, taking a quick glance at the girl beside her before looking back to the road."Like what?"

   Rima looked warily at Akira. Should she say that a dead boy has been visiting her, and that he looks a lot like Sasaki Haise! Or should she just play it off...

   No. Until she had all the answers, Rima was going to keep that fact to herself - even though she may have hinted to Sasaki in the elevator about it.

   "Just about the test doctors were doing..."

   Akira nodded slowly, believing Rima. She knew it had to be hard on the poor girl."Oh, I see. Well... I just want to tell you - if you don't know already, that you'll be staying under my care for right now."

   "But I thought I was to be under Haise-kun's care. With me joining his squad and everything."

   "Sasaki's on a important investigation at the moment, he won't be able to look after you right now. I have nothing important going on so I'm going to look after you until he gets back."Akira explained, turning down a long dark road. A few of the street light were out, giving this eerie feeling.

   Rima got the feeling of being creeped out, and scooted closer to the center console wanting to be far away from the window as possible. Akira, on the other hand, narrowed her eyes. She knew for sure that the electrical people just put in new street bulbs a few days ago. They wouldn't have gone out that fast.

   "Hey... Akira-nee... Are we almost ther-!!"

   Rima got cut off as a loud popping noise filled their ears and the car jerked to the side. Akira just barely managing to get the car under control, hitting the brakes roughly. Rima started to frantically look out all the windows, unintentionally leaning even more towards Akira.

   "A-Akira-nee... w-what was that?"Rima whispered shakily.

   "I think a tire just blew. Stay in here while I go check it out."Reaching behind her seat an grabbing her briefcase, Akira opened her door putting a foot on the concrete.