|Chapter 38|

The male chuckled,"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. Would you please follow me or would you like me to bring you in a body bag?"

   Rima stared at him with wide eyes.

   It looks like her plans are going to have to take a slight detour....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   At the Hospital Floor in the CCG...

   "It's most likely that the taser that was found broken on the sidewalk was the weapon that knocked Sasaki unconscious..."Akira explained to Arima as they stood in the hallways a few door down from where Sasaki's room was.

   Arima nodded,"Has it been tested for finger prints?"

   Akira nodded,"I'm waiting to hear back from the testers now."She answered, then Akira started to rub her temples,"I just don't understand how this can happen, I just saw her not but an hour before they left. Rima looked so happy and content. Who would just take her away like that?"Akira asked almost rhetorically.

   Arima stayed silent on that subject. He didn't want to get Akira started on something that would make her more upset. So Arima set a gentle hand on the woman's shoulder.

   "Come on. The doctors walking out of his room..."Arima stated, pointing Akira's attention on the white coated doctor that was walking out of Sasaki's room, looking down at his clipboard.

   The two doves quickly made their way over to the doctor, stopping the man from going any farther.

   "How is he?"Akira asked. She was anxious to see how Sasaki was doing, and to see if he knew anything about Rima.

   The doctor sighed, looking up at Akira with tired eyes,"Sasaki-san is doing just fine. He has regained the feeling in all his extremities, and now has full mobility."He explained, making Akira sigh in relief.

   Arima pushed his glasses up with his middle finger,"Do you know anything about the way his attacker attacked him?"

   The doctor scratched his head,"All I could really tell was, his attacker didn't know much about a taser, they just knew that tasing someone in the neck would leave them immobile at the least."He explained.

   Akira nodded,"Can we visit him? We have some questions we'd like to ask him also."

   The doctor shrugged,"He's fine to go home now if he wants. So I don't see why visiting him would be bad. Go ahead..."

   Without saying anything, Akira walked around the doctor and into Sasaki's room, Arima close behind her. Akira's eyes instantly landed on Sasaki as he sat quietly in his hospital bed propped up against the headboard with pillows behind his back. He looked away from the window which he was looking sadly out of to Akira and Arima as he heard them approach.

   "Sasaki are you okay?"Akira asked as she put a gentle hand over his left hand. She was surprised when Sasaki quickly pulled it away, holding it to his chest,"Sasaki?"

   Sasaki hung his head,"Sorry... it's just that... this was the hand she held before she disappeared..."He mumbled quietly. Akira nodded in understanding.

   "Don't worry Sasaki. We'll find out who took her, and they will pay the price."Akira stated. She was going to give whoever a good 'ole Mado Punch for taking her Imouto!

   Sasaki shook his head,"You won't be able too..."

   Arima looked at him confused,"What do you mean Sasaki? If it was a ghoul, they will be dealt with accordingly."