|Chapter 48|

But that's not what caught Sasaki's eye. No, no, no. What caught Sasaki's eye was the small dirty blonde headed girl that stood behind Gourmet. Sasaki's heart leaped in joy.

   He had finally found Rima...

   But she was in the hands of the SS-Ranked Ghoul...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "Rima!"Sasaki yelled, catching the attention of both Rima and Gourmet, though Rima had already partially had her attention on him. Sasaki knew it was her voice he heard! He just knew he wouldn't be able to miss that voice anywhere.

   Rima took a step forward, but Gourmet held a arm out,"Allow me, mon chéri..."Gourmet said, the arm he held out instantly was covered with his sharp kagune,"... to clear a path for you..."

   Then Sasaki and Urie - who was closest at the time - watched with confused expression as Gourmet suddenly appears in front of the closest Aogiri Tree ghoul and stabbed him straight through the heart, killing him instantly.

   Taking advantage of the distraction, Rima made her way towards Sasaki, dodging any flying debris that resulted from a ghoul going through the floor or ceiling.

   "Haise-kun-!"

   Just as Sasaki was about to have Rima in his arms again - something he's waited an entire week for -, a black blur jumped in between them, blocking Rima's path to Sasaki resulting in her running into their chest, immediately getting caught in their arms. Rima struggled as the ghoul lifted her feet off the ground. The ghoul look over their shoulder, showing Sasaki a full clown mask.

   "See ya!"The ghoul gave Sasaki the middle finger then using their kagune to jump straight through the ceiling landing on the second floor.

   "Sasaki!"Urie's voice broke through Sasaki's disbelief,"Go after her! We got it covered down here!"

   Without hesitating, Sasaki ran for the stairs fighting off any surprise attacks, heading straight for Rima and her attacker. When he got to the second floor, Sasaki stopped short at the scene.

   Rabbit was pinned down by Black Rabbit, his kagune piercing multiple spots on Rabbits body and his boot stepping on the side of her face while he held Rima by her hair, the ghoul with the clown mask had their kagune pointed at Rima's neck and heart.

   Black Rabbit laughed,"Look at this idiot trying to play hero... How laughable.."

   Sasaki glared at him, pointing his sword up,"Let Rima go, or I'll have no choice but to dispose of you."Sasaki threatened.

   Black Rabbit chuckled, grounding his boot more into the side of Rabbits face."Dispose of me? Really what can you do? Stab me with that little poker you call a sword. HA! Fat chance... Maro! Why don't you show him what your made of!"

   The ghoul pointing their kagune at Rima - Maro as Black Rabbit called him - nodded and spun to face Sasaki, as Black Rabbit grabbed Rima and used his kagune to open a whole in the ceiling, jumping onto the last floor, the third floor, leaving Rabbit bleeding on the ground.

   Sasaki grunted but looked ahead at his new opponent. The faster he can defeat Maro, the fast he could save Rima.

   Maro shot forward, his kagune poised in front of him,"Here~ I~ come~!"Maro yelled, his kagune sprouted from the lower middle part of his back and came out a 6 tentacles like things, all aimed at Sasaki.

   Sasaki easily deflected Maro's attack, shocking the ghoul as he sent him feet back. Sasaki took advantage of Maro shocked expression, and immediately went on offense, swinging his sword in precise moves in order to best eliminate the ghoul with the least amount of pain necessary.

   After a few hits back and forth, Sasaki noted that while although Maro was a hard hitter, his speed wasn't all that fast. Being that his kagune was big and heavy. So with that new information, Sasaki upped his speed, increasing his attack rate, and forcing the Aogiri Tree Ghoul into a corner.

   As Sasaki went to deliver the final blow, Maro's Kagune caught Sasaki's sword in a hold, stopping the onslaught of attacks. Struggling to free it, Sasaki couldn't protect himself as a free tentacle made its way around the jumble and towards Sasaki heart.

   Sasaki caught the movement of the stray kagune and knew he didn't have enough time. He only hope that clown mask of Maro's lowered his accuracy.

   But right before it impaled him, it was cut off, and shards of red kagune impaled the ghoul all over from above. Shocked, Sasaki finally freed his sword and jumped back, looking around for the ghoul who attacked.

   "I thought you were supposed to be some strong ghoul fighter. How stupid of you to get your sword stuck..."

   Turning his head around, Sasaki spotted a wounded Rabbit struggling to stay on her feet. A shaky arm wrapped itself around her midsection. Blood dripped from underneath her torn cloak, her Kagune flared out but not as big as it was when she first arrived. Sasaki still pointed his sword at her.

   "Tch. Help someone and they immediately turn their back on you... I can't believe you were the one to watch her..."

   Sasaki furrowed his brows at Rabbits words. What did she mean by that? His thoughts were cut off as a loud exploding sound sounded from the floor above. Sasaki gasped. Rima was up there with Black Rabbit!

   He noticed Rabbit look up to, grunting in frustration."Stupid idiot! I won't let you-"Suddenly, Rabbit fell to her knees coughing up blood that dripped from her mask.

   Sasaki took a caring step forward but stopped as another exploding sound popped from the third floor. He heard Rabbit give a sigh of defeat.

   "Go!"Sasaki heard Rabbit yell,"Go and save her! Cause... if you d-don't... I'll personally... bury you six... feet under!"She threatened between coughs.

   Sasaki hesitated. Should he trust a ghoul? Was she apart of all of this two? But Sasaki mind was made up as he heard another loud boom. Sasaki ran past Rabbit, hearing her chuckle sadly, and straight for the stairs, disappearing up to the third floor.

   "Stupid... idiot... moron..."Rabbit mumbled, standing up on shaking feet. Footsteps brought her attention to the stairway leading down to the first floor.

   "Well. Isn't that Rabbit? The one who attacked boss."A small ghoul asked, and rabbit tsked from behind her mask.

   "Yeah, yeah! She looks injured too!"The other big one replied.

   "Let's taker her out! Boss said to have some fun-"

   The first one as silenced when she was sent into the wall. The second one gasped and ran over to her, checking to see if her friend was okay. Rabbit looked back over to watched as the mysterious attacker looked at her, showing the attacker to be wearing a gas mask. Rabbit smiled lightly from behind her mask.

   "Took you... long enough..."She muttered.

   "Sorry. I had a hard time getting past the dove with the spine weapon... I hope I didn't come too late..."

   Rabbit laughed shortly,"No... not that late.."She replied, putting as much power as she could to regenerate her wounds and too her kagune. There still was a battle to fight..