|Chapter 39|

"Ah..."That man sighed,"... I never would have thought I would be able to see that beautiful face again..."He mused to himself.

   Rima tensed. The way the man spoke gave her the chills and it confused her greatly at how she remembered a man such as him.

   "Why are you so tense... Rima-chan?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Rima gathered up all her courage and took a small step closer. This man spoke of Kaneki like he was close friends or something, and judging by how close Kaneki and her seemed, Rima figured the man knew of the relationship that Rima had with Kaneki,"You know me and... this Kaneki... tell me who is he?"

   The man chuckled,"Aww, did little Rima-chan forget her precious Kaneki?"The man teased. Rima figured that Kaneki was someone close to her, considering the way they acted towards each other in her memories and hallucinations.

   Rima gulped quietly,"I-I know that... tell me who he was to me?"Rima corrected.

   It sounded like the man opened his mouth to answer, but abruptly stopped. He suddenly turned quiet for awhile, and Rima was starting to think he fell asleep. She was corrected when she saw his feet swing over the side of the bed, his body following after. He was starting to get up and Rima didn't know if she exactly wanted him to...

   "Tell me Rima-chan..."Rima tensed as the man's body slowly walked from the shadows, eyes widening when she saw a head of purple ear length hair. It was the same man that kissed her hand in one of her memories! But the joy of the newfound connection was short lived at the man's next words.

   "... why do you smell so delicious?..."

   Rima's body went rigid as the man opened it eyes. Her feet glued to the floor as he walked closer.

   His eyes were pitch black with red irisis, and he smiled evily at her.

   Hospital room 478...

   Akira composed herself, looking at Sasaki with furrowed brows,"Sasaki, what are you saying?"

   Sasaki's face turned to one if guiltiness and pain,"Rima... She was the one who tased me so I couldn't follow her... so I couldn't stop her from leaving.." Sasaki admitted.

   "That would explain the broken taser found on the sidewalk."Arima spoke up.

   Suddenly Sasaki gasped and turned to Akira with wide eyes.

   "Akira! She remembers! That day in the meeting room when you told her about the Aogiri Tree, she remembers! She's going to try and find them so she could get answers from them! Akira we have to stop her! She's going to get herself killed!"Sasaki exclaimed.

   Akira frowned. Rima had shown no signs of remembering anything about her time with Aogiri Tree. But Akira should have known something was wrong with the way Rima was acting. Akira was supposed to protect Rima, but how was she supposed do that when she couldn't tell what was happening to Rima.

   "Akira please! We have to find her! Rima's going to try and stop them! She's going to try to stop them for us! She doesn't know how to protect herself, they'll kill her the instant she tries to attack them! We have to stop her! I have to help her!"Sasaki argued, moving his blanket to get up.

   Akira roughly pushed him back down by his shoulders, giving Sasaki a stern look,"Sasaki listen to me! Calm down."She ordered. An angry and scared Sasaki was not a good Sasaki. She needed to have Sasaki calm down before he does something stupid and hurt either himself or someone else.

   Sasaki hesitated slightly - he wanted to start the search for Rima as soon as possible, but he decided to listen to Akira, and started to take deep breaths. Akira nodded approval.

   "Okay, I understand your concern, but maybe you heard her wrong. You were falling unconscious, maybe you misheard her and someone really did take her-"

   "NO!"Sasaki yelled, but quickly quieted his voice,"No, no one took her. She... She told me good bye... She told me not to follow her... Akira she left on her own... I saw her walk away from me..."Sasaki voice turned into a whisper at the end.

   Akira looked at Sasaki sadly,"Sasaki..."She watched how Sasaki's body suddenly turned to mush.

   Sasaki looked down,"She said she didn't want to hurt us anymore... She didn't want to put us in danger anymore."Sasaki mumbled,"She wants to stop Aogiri Tree from hurting us..."

   Akira swallowed a hard breath. Rima stood no chance against the Aogiri Tree. They could beat her down in mere seconds."Are you positive that that's what she said? Think back hard Sasaki. One misread signal could cost Rima her life."Akira asked slowly.

   Sasaki nodded confidently."Yes. I would bet my life over it."He swore," She couldn't stand the way she made people sad... She wanted to make everyone happy again, so she said she was going to find out who she was before...."Sasaki suddenly stopped and put a hand in his head,"I'm so sorry Akira... You wanted me to protect her. You put her in my hands for protection and I couldn't even... I couldn't even stop her from walking away..."Sasaki tried hard to keep the tears back. He needed to stay strong. He could cry all he wants after he found Rima.

   "It's okay Sasaki... this isn't your fault..."Akira said, rubbing Sasaki's back gently. Sasaki shook his head in disagreement, but said nothing in return.

   As Akira went to speak again, the door busted open and in ran a fellow investigator that was hired by the director for Rima's case.

   "Mado-san! Mado-san! I have some serious news!"

   Akira turned to the investigator, a serious look on her face,"What is it?"She asked.

   The boy huffed a little before taking a deep breath,"We have some Intel from a low ranked member of the Aogiri Tree! They're planning on capturing Hizake Rima in a week's time!"

   All three investigators stiffened. How we're they going to protect Rima if they didn't know where she was.