|Chapter 4|

The doctor sighed. "Yes. Everything went according to plan. Hizake-san is awake and aware of where she is..." A sigh of relief escaped each of their lips. Akira narrowed her eyes.

   "But....?" She prompted or the doctor to continue.

   The doctor rubbed the back of his neck. "As you were told before... she has indeed a mild case of amnesia. It's speckled here and there but from what we can tell, the past two years are completely blocked off."

   Akira's eyes widened then returned to normal. "Do you know if it's permanent?"

   "The sign that she remembers before the two years, can be taken as a good or bad sign. Good in that she could regain her memories, and bad in that she could lose all of them slowly..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasaki's skin felt cold.

   She could lose all of her memories!

That somehow made him arguably upset. He didn't want her to lose any memories. Sasaki knew how it was with amnesia - not being able to remember past friends or family, people you loved... it's not something you would want to go through. Sasaki lost all his memories from when he was born up until two years ago. He couldn't remember what his parents looked like, if he had any friends, what he acted like.. nothing. He just remembers waking up to being in the CCG; remembering Arima and Akira the most...

That thought made a ping ring out in Sasaki's heart. She's going to forget about me...

Sasaki's eyes stilled as the conversation Akira and the doctor were having were blocked out unconsciously. There it was again. It was like another voice was speaking inside his head. Could it be his voice that keeps talking - the one that sounded familiar to his own, but didn't seem connected to his current train of thought. Like a separate consciousness inside his own head. Why was it worried about Hizake Rima? About why she was going to forget him? How was she going to forget him when he's not even real and doesn't even know that he exists?

Sasaki stopped thinking about it when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He glanced up to find Akira looking at him.

"The doctor said that they'll be moving Rima to another floor. Room 456 I believe. He said we can wait there to see her." The older woman explained taking her hand back. Sasaki nodded. "Good. You two go wait there. I have to make a call but I'll meet you there."

Sasaki and Mitsuki watched as Akira pulled her phone out an dialed a number as she walked away.

Sasaki turned to Mitsuki.

"Let go to her new room. Maybe we can pass a vending machine and grab something for the wait?" Mutsuki nodded.

So after passing a few vending machines and grabbing a bag of chips an a drink, the two waited patiently inside room 456. It was a little smaller then her last room Sasaki noted, but it felt warmer. The walls were painted a nice tan color, and there was actually a window that let you see outside. Of course there was still the window near the door that could let you see someone without walking in.

The peaceful silence was interrupted by Sasaki's phone ringing. He quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Sasaki. It's me Urie. Where are you?"

Sasaki was confused "I'm at the hospital. Why?"

"The director told me that you had something important to tell me. What is it?"