|Chapter 9|

The doctor an nurses watched as the four investigators left through the door, before turning to Rima, who sat quietly in her bed. The doctor nodded to the nurses who reached outside the door an wheeled in a big, weird looking machine. From what Rima was told, it helped with checking her brain waves.

"Okay... can you swing your legs over the side of the bed, Hizake-san..." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Her heart rate and blood pressure seems to be consistent with the past few check-ups. Her reflexes are better, but still has a two second delay on her left elbow - that seems to be due to the scar on her shoulder..." The doctor talked on and on about words that Rima couldn't understand as she checked up on her body.

From what Rima could understand, she knew that the gashes that littered her body when she first got here were almost completely gone. Only the ones that littered her back were just now starting to close up. The ones that were much larger.

"Okay, now we'll do a eye test then start on checking her brain activity." The doctor spoke aloud turning to Rima as she put her stethoscope back around her neck. She also pulled a pen with a light at the end out of her chest pocket.

"Please activate your Kakugan..." She ordered as she clicked the little light on, waiting for Rima to do as she said.

Rima hesitated to do so. She hated having to do this. She wanted to have nothing to do with anything involving her ghoul side at the moment. Nothing at all. Though as she looked to the doctor, Rima flinched when she saw the inpatient look that spread across her face.

Rima breathed deeply before activating her kakugan, feeling her right eye change. The two nurses who stood by the door jerked back involuntarily when they saw the evil, glowing red and black eye. It made Rima look down towards the cold tiled floor, embarrassed. It's not her fault that she's like this...

The doctor firmly gripped Rima's chin tilting it upward. When she was sure Rima would stay like that the doctor removed her hand placing her index finger on Rima's top eye lid and her thumb on the bottom eye lid, pulling them apart. Shining the light into Rima's right eye, the doctor studied it closely with her own two eyes. Telling Rima to look up, down, to the sides, then around. The doctor had to admit to herself that the difference was drastic between Rima's two eyes. It was like looking between heaven and hell. After a minute of examining, the doctor pulled away clicking the pen light off.

"Eye seems to be normal. Nothing wrong with the iris. Mobility at top shape. Prepare the machine."

Rima felt her heart start beating rapidly right away. This was the part she hated. Checking her brain activity as they called it. They always made her do exercises that would give her a migraine afterwards. She wanted to tell them she didn't want to do it, but Rima was too scared. Too scared that if she talked back to anyone, they would harm her. They didn't do anything anyways... at least not before this time.

So Rima sat quietly at the edge of her bed as the nurses stuck little sticky patches to her temples and around her forehead. The little sticky pads had wires connected to them that ran back to the machine, sending a reading of Rima's brain activity to it. It confused Rima how such a machine could work like it did.

When everything was done being prepped, a nurse turned the machine on - a low humming noise emitted from it - filling the once silent room with noise. Instantly, Rima felt a low electric current going through her body mostly centered around her head.

"Ok. We will now start the test." The doctor announced, grabbing a file from atop the machine. She opened it, pulling a piece of paper from the top showing it to Rima. "Tell me, who is this?" She asked.