|Chapter 27|

It was worrying Sasaki when Rima didn't answer. She had this kind of far off look in her eyes as the two tried to get her to respond. Like she wasn't in the same room... like she was stuck in her mind - in a memory... reliving.something nobody wants too.

   Then it happened...

   One minute, they were trying to get Rima to answer...

   The next, they were catching Rima before she hit the ground....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Sasaki immediately wrapped his arms around her waist as Rima fell to her knees, painfully being reminded of the time in the alley way when they first met. Kneeling down with her, Sasaki tried to get Rima to look up at him - calling her name, telling her too look at him - everything. Rima only hung her head as she raised a single hand to cover her face. Only in vain, seeing as a stream of tears leaked through the cracks forming a small puddle below her.

   Akira also fell into a crouch in front of Rima too. Shaking her shoulder gently. The only thoughts going through her head were, she didn't want to lose another person she cared about. As selfish as it seemed, Akira didn't care. If being selfish was the only way she could keep the people she cared about safe she, then Akira would gladly be selfish the rest of her life.

   Rima's eyes widened through her fingers as flashes appeared before them. Tears kept falling one after another, though Rima didn't seem to care. She was more concerned about the visions - memories... She was having.

   "H-how could I-I f-forget something like t-this..."Rima's voice trembled in terror as she started fully reliving one of the most painful moments in her life again.

   Unbeknownst to Rima as she was on her path home a big burly man followed her silently, and following him, a much smaller man. They stayed a few feet away from her until she neared her apartment, just coming up on a dark alley .

   Rima could see her apartment building, it was just a block away. Wanting to be ready to just walk right in an lock herself away in her room forever, Rima start fumbling in her bag looking for her keys.

   "Where are they? I know I put them in here before I lef-Owff!"

   Not watching where she was going, Rima ended up walking straight into somebody. Being flung back slightly Rima was still able to keep on her feet. Looking up at whoever it was while trying to wipe the tears away.

   "I-I'm sorry... I wasn't watc-"

   "You know... You shouldn't be crying like that..."A young boy - maybe 16 - with purple-ish blue hair said as he stared down at Rima with a look of disgust. Though if you looked closely, you could see the small tall tale signs of a smirk.

   Rima - confused - only looked back at the boy with furrowed brows."What are you talking ab-"

   The boy chuckled evily, throwing his head back in laughter. Now getting scared, Rima looked around nervously, worried she was going to get jumped by a bunch of perverts.

   If only she knew...

   After having his laughing session, the boy hung his head back down looking up a Rima through his lashes, a terrifying look in his eyes as he watched her.

   "It just shows people how vulnerable you are now..."He whispered.

   Shocked and terrified, Rima only had enough time to open her mouth before a sharp kick was sent to her side throwing her harshly into the abandoned alley way.

   Landing against the concrete then rolling painfully, Rima only stopped when she hit the brick wall of the dead end of the alley. Opening her eyes, Rima couldn't seem to focus on anything but the extreme amount of pain that her body was feeling. Her left side feeling the worst, like she had a few cracked ribs.

   "Aww... would you look at that... the little human didn't die. Maybe she is a strong one after all..."A cold voice teased as he walked closer to Rima who stayed laying on the ground trying to figure out where that voice came from, seeing as it was bouncing from every direction into her ears.

   Her body sensing there was danger near, started trying to get Rima on her hands and knees. At least there she could try and defend herself. But as Rima rolled over leaning shakily on her hands pushing her upper body up, another painful kick was delivered - this time to the middle of her stomach, sending her flying a foot up in the air, effectively knocking her back onto her back.

   Clutching her stomach, Rima cried trying desperately to fight through the pain, but it was only in vain as a big man put a heavy boot in the middle of her chest, only putting half his weight on her. To Rima it felt like a billion bricks. No air getting in. No air getting out.

   Now trying to remove the boot, Rima started crying more. She had a feeling deep inside of her - she knew she wasn't getting out of her alive... or the same.

   Upon seeing the fresh tears, the young boy kneeled beside Rima's head roughly grabbing her chin in his hand to turn her head to look at him,"It always disgusts me how easily humans can cry from even the smallest amounts of pain... physically or mentally... humans are weak creatures..."He mumbled.

   Rima only looked at him with one eye - since the other was shut to prevent blood from getting into it from a head wound she received from the first kick - as she tried to talk around the blood that was welling up in her mouth an throat, mostly making gurgling noises.

   "What was that?"The boy teased, cupping a hand around his ear as he leaned closer.

   "W-why... w-why are... y-you d-doing.... ... this..."Rima struggled out. Her vision was starting to go black. The young boy quickly waved off the man from stepping on her chest any longer, complaining about how someone would be angry if she died.

   Turning back to Rima, the boy smirked once again,"Why?... hmmm, let's see..."The boy said standing up, signaling for the for the older man to pick Rima up. Following his orders, the bigger man leaned over picking Rima up... by her hair... pulling her to her feet. Rima tried to cover her mid-section to protect it from anymore blows, while also clawing at the man's big hands, trying to free her hair from his grasp.

   The boy walked closer to Rima,"... You just happened to be the most unluckiest person tonight... if only you just stayed as prey like you humans are and not tried to play house with ghouls... and I have some unfinished business with a certain white-haired bastard, but seeing as he isn't here anymore... You can be the next best thing..."Then without warning, the boy sent a heavy blow to Rima's gut, instantly knocking her unconscious.

   Going limp, Rima only stood hanging by a clump of her hair. The boy looked pitifully at Rima, before sneering and turning away, ordering the man to carry Rima in his arms as to not drop her on the way back.

   "Lets go before I decide she's better as food then a prisoner..."

   Rima started to shake uncontrollably under Sasaki's hands, whimpering and mumbling every now and then. Sasaki almost wanted to start tearing up at the state she was in. The only thing he could really do was just hold her close, letting her know that he was there. That he would keep her safe from anything .

   Akira tried repeatedly to get Rima to respond to her, but it was like she didn't want to listen. Akira cursed under her breath as she stayed rooted in her spot, not daring to move from Rima's side. She needed to be there when Rima got out of this episode.

   The only sign that they had that showed Rima was still partially with them, was when she gripped Sasaki's hand tightly with one of hers, pulling it closer to her, and leaning more into his side. Almost as if she was trying to escape the memory by hiding in Sasaki's arms.

   But it wasn't over just yet...