"The X-Advisors..." Part LXVII...

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: Like my Immortal Beloved bits in my Buffyverse stories, these are fragments and short bits, some longer...Just to fiddle with ideas, possibly forming longer tales later.

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LXVII...

Cafeteria of the UAustin Physics Department...

"So you're saying...?" adult Amy in her "Miss Penelope Smith" garb, bending to eye young Sheldon as they stood in line...A few students eyeing them, a rather curious pairing.

"It's the third week of the month..." careful nod.

"American chop suey day!" both happily noted, eyeing the cafeteria counter, where. behind a plastic shield, lay the trays of glutenous pasta goodness, along with indifferent salad plates and equally indifferent lunch ladies and student work-study attendants. "Oh, the starchy, rehydrated tomato memories..." Amy beamed.

"Mr. Cooper!" a booming voice...Sheldon turning to see Dr. Fowler-Horowitz in her tweed suit, bearing down on them, politely staring off a few students in line, glasses firmly perched in...Uh-oh...Shields up! Position.

"Gr...Ow!" Amy groaned as Sheldon hastily kicked her shin.

"Forgive me, my future love, but you're not supposed to be Amy..." he hissed.

"Right...Ow..." she nursed kicked shin.

When did he lose such physical prowess...?

Oh, right...Arch inward beam.

Never...He just transferred it to...Other...Things...

"Dr. Fowler-Horowitz. Nice to see you." Sheldon, formally. "This is Miss Smith, a new student."

"Yes, right." Margaret nodded. Slight frown at Amy...Blonde? My dear girl...When has a Fowler ever needed such cheap ploys?

No offense to your friend, Miss Penny...But we know who really has more...Wicked...Fun...

Though your sister Charlotte is a warning to tread the line at downright Wicked carefully...

"Sheldon, I have to speak with you. There have been developments...Regards our 'project'."

Amy, anxious stare... "Francis? He's a fake?" she hissed.

"Not here..." Margaret, hasty low voice to her. "Sheldon can tell you in a moment." She raised voice, "If you would, Mr. Cooper?"

"Certainly, ma'am." He nodded. "Miss Smith, I'll rejoin you in a moment." He followed Dr. Fowler-Horowitz out of the line.

"Sheldon?! Should I get a hot dog to cut up?!" Amy called.

Sheldon beaming back to her quick fond smile...

You minx...

"Miss Penelope..." Ashley Smythe had seen his opportunity on entering the cafeteria as Sheldon stepped away, quickly sliding up to her. "How nice to find you here...Alone."

...

"Dr. Francis, the elder, has made contact...And Penny is to meet him?" young Sheldon pondered the somewhat concerning news as he and Margaret sat at an isolated table at the far end of the cafeteria.

"That appears to be the size of it." Margaret nodded.

"That's far too dangerous...For him physically, for her intellectually. He's got to be planning something to risk it on his side."

"Agreed. Though he may possibly be sincere in wanting an alliance against Susan." Margaret sighed. "But once he's again able to make use of her, he may have little use for us."