"The X-Advisors..." Part XLVII...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XLVII...

Penny, in circa 1996, albeit advanced University hospital, CCU bed, blinking open eyes, wearily...

"Amy..." she whispered up at Amy's beaming face. "Sheldon?" at Sheldon's anxious one on her other side.

"You're here...You're safe."

"You betcha, bestie." Amy nodded, squeezing her hand. "Sheldon and Barry saved my life."

"Barry? Oh..." Penny looked over... "Oh, Barry...I'm so sorry. But thanks." She whispered.

"Mrs. H." he gave smile, coming closer, waving. "Glwad to be of sewrvice."

"Mrs. H." she beamed, trying to sit up... "Leonard!"

Amy eyed Sheldon, Sheldon, Amy...

"Honey..." Amy tried.

"Penny...I won't lie to you." Sheldon took her hand.

"I know, he's gone." She nodded. "Can we get outta here? I'm fine. Oh! Amy, lil' Amy!" distraught look...

"Gran Mag sprung her. She's here." Amy nodded.

"You were the cutest thing, bestie." Penny smiled, lying back, exhausted.

"Thanks...I believe I was." Amy smiled.

"Ok, folks..." A nurse entered. "Lets get it down to two. And be ready to call it a day."

"I'll go. Good to see you, Mrs. Hofstadtewr." Barry smiled.

"Come here, you." She raised herself, he coming over a bit hesitantly. "Thank you...I'll do all I can to get you home." She kissed him.

"I'm fine. Nice place hewre, vewry fwriendly women." He smiled. "See ya latewr, Penny."

"Yeah..." she nodded, as he went out.

"Penny, you'll have to stay a day or so..." Sheldon told her. She eyeing him.

"I just passed out, shock..."

"Penny..." Amy, a bit firmly. "You never told us you'd had a heart attack. Did Leonard know?"

She eyed them... "It wasn't really an attack...I was in a bad place, drinking too much and not eating to keep my weight down...And then at a party. I never took anything like that again." Anxiously. "It wasn't serious damage or anything."

"You have a bad family history, Penny." Amy frowned. "We checked your family records while you've been in here...I thought it was strange you never mentioned your aunts or your maternal grandmother...They all died young of heart disease...Forties to fifties."

"I was fine. My mom's ok. My dad's family is great. I didn't want Leonard getting all...Leonardy about it." Slight pout.

"Well, the doctors here think you just had a minor second attack. And you're staying here till they finish testing you." Amy, firmly.

"And I'm cross-checking all results." Sheldon firmly.

Frown... "Fine...But what about Dr. Francis? He got away, didn't he?"

"He's out and about, yes." Amy nodded. "Nor have we located adult Susan yet." Sigh.

"But he must be staying in the area...And sooner or later we'll find him. Amongst other things he has to tap the current Xavier's funds in the accounts in town and back at Princeton." Sheldon noted.

"The other one..." frown. "He's probably helping him, rat-bastard." Weary tone.

"You need to sleep." Amy insisted.