"The X-Advisors..." Part LXXI...

Sheldon Swifties LIX: "X-Advisors..."

Summary: Like my Immortal Beloved bits in my Buffyverse stories, these are fragments and short bits, some longer...Just to fiddle with ideas, possibly forming longer tales later.

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LXXI...

Max having headed out after "Aunt Zana's" call home to secure approval for an extended stay in Austin for Summer, the newly arrived group considered the options...

"So, I guess we have you to thank, Ms. Glau." Leonard began as he, the named Ms. Glau, Bernadette, and Raj stood in the UAustin parking lot.

"Summer, Dr. Hoftstadter." She smiled. "And it's a pleasure...I've always believed Auntie's tales about you guys...Since she showed me her future phone and predicted events. And won enough betting on football to pay my ballet tuition for two years." Grin at Bernadette. "But it's just incredible to see you and Raj here, in the flesh."

Raj...I'm Raj to Summer Glau, Raj thought, pleased.

And I've got a girl waiting for me, at least in the afterlife...Plus this Summer Glau is a minor, living in a state where a brown adult male chatting her up could really end badly.

But of course, mostly...Sorry, Lucy.

"Well, here we are..." Leonard, wan smile. "But we've got to find my wife and the younger counterpart of Dr. Francis Stein, the man whose theories made this trip possible. And his maniac daughter and her ex-lover, Dad's ole friend, and my ex-advisor, who put his theory into practice, destroying our world and killing everyone but us in the process." Urgent look.

"Well, Auntie has taken me to Dr. Stein's house...I've even seen some of his published work, she thought it would help convince me, though really all it did was convince me I'm not going to be a physicist." Sheepish shrug.

"Oh, I'm sure there's a bright future for you...With many, many friends." Raj, eagerly.

"Raj? What did I say about what we tell Summer about her own future?" Bernadette, sternly.

"Nothing...We tell her...Nothing. Sorry." He sighed.

"Auntie..." Summer eyed her.

"Ok, I tole her she'd be very successful in the arts. But that's all. I just wanted to encourage my sweetest girl." Bernadette beamed. "But lets can any more, ok guys?"

"Right." Leonard, Raj nod.

Of course, if Summer is a Terminator sent by Bernadette, Howard, or some else in the future, Raj pondered...

"But I do think Dr. Stein's place is the place to start..." Bernadette noted. "And he should be expecting us, via your call to young Susan."

...

"George! Hi!" Susan greeted the entering Sheldon, in his brilliantly clever costume of ten-gallon hat and cowboy boots, he offering guarded, yet still a bit arch, look to his comrades, Dr. Stein, and Dr. Fowler-Horowitz.

"I've been meeting the family!" she enthused.

Ok, she believes he's a cousin...She's just pleased to see him. Immediate killing not yet required, Amy thought. Eyeing young Amy who bore same grim expression.

"Yeah, George...We plumb done all shacked up here." Penny smiled at him.

"Hi, my lil' buckaroo husband..." Amy, hastily. "Dad." Young Amy beamed at the suddenly startled Sheldon...

And yet...This is pretty much how my daughter would look, isn't it? He pondered in wonder, eyeing her. Amy beaming as she caught and interpreted his look...