"The X-Advisors..." Part V...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part V...

With the resumption of things musical by the official band for the evening, the musical duo Shamy found itself the object of considerable appreciative attention...

"Was that wreally Frowler, Wolowitz? I'd no idea she was capable of such hotness." Barry Kripke, drink in hand had come over to Howard, nodding up to the stage. "And mowre impowrtant, does Howfstadtewr have the band singer's number?" he eyed the tall vocalist over with the band.

"Yes...And yes, but not a chance, Kripke." Howard smiling... "Amy!" he called, raising arm in triumph.

"Hwello...Is that vwison of lovewliness who I think it is...?" Kripke eyed the tall blonde in white sequined gown by Dr. Stein. "I must compwliment Howfstadtwer on his ability as entewrtainment chaiwrpewrson."

"No, Barry." Raj sighed. "We didn't hire Katie Sackoff for the party..."

"Katie Who...?" Kripke looked at him. "I mean the Phwysicist of Powrn. And I also must say, she looks almost as nice in a dwress as she does in and out of hwer battle suit. Now, how's about intwroducing me as hwer most dewoted fan?"

"She's Dr. Stein's daughter, Dr. Susan Stein, Barry..." Howard sighed. "I don't think you wanna go bringing up her side career tonight."

"What?" Kripke stared as Susan made her determined way through the crowd now congratulating Amy and Sheldon...A very nervous, rather anxious to free of the admittedly very nice compliments, Amy...

"Awre you sayin' she will not only be visiting hwer father on campus duwring his six months hewre but I will have a legit excuse to 'consult' with hwer on vawrious mattwers pewrtaining to my field?" eager tone.

"Actually...Yes." Raj sighed.

Howard and Bernadette looking at him...

"Come on, she's nearly twice his size...Let the poor fellow have his dream for a moment." Raj shrugged.

Amy nervously nodding to the friendly attention...All very nice but...So unused to this kind of approbation, she wasn't sure if it was sincere or a prelude to some sort of practical joke involving locking her in the janitor's closet or claiming the last few years, those most joyous of her life, were a long played out sucker's game...

"Sheldon, you beautiful son of a...Well..." Penny wiped tears, patting him as Amy shyly beamed, on his arm... "No offense to Mary. Oh, what I am doing?!...Amy, you c'mere!" she hugged her.

Reaching a hand to Leonard who'd come over with Dr. Francis...

You...Penny's warm smile...Tight clasp of his arm as she held Amy...Leonard nodding thanks...

"Darn you, bestie..." she stepped back, mock frowning... "I'm supposed to be the one in the arts..."

"Sheldon...Dr. Xavier Francis...And...Thanks, buddy..." Leonard nodded to him. "Great job..."

"Doctor? We've met when I was a student at Austin and visiting professor at Heidelberg..." Sheldon politely.

"Indeed..." Francis nodded. "But I'd no idea you or Dr. Fowler were such accomplished musicians." Smile.

"I just played what I saw in front of me..." shrug. "Amy Farrah Fowler, songstress, is the one deserving the praise. By the way, Dr. Fowler?" he turned to Amy who was still basking shyly in the praise she treasured more than anyone's but Sheldon's...Penny excitedly and tearfully holding her hand while also clinging to a very content Leonard's arm.

"If that was a proposal...I accept." Sheldon noted, calmly.

Amy...Whirling...Stunned. Penny and Leonard blinking...

"Well, that was a proposal, wasn't it?" Sheldon eyed her archly... "'All I need...', 'Make my life complete...' etc...? Leonard, you're the expert on marital proposals, wasn't that a proposal?"

"Well...Given the boy can play an instrument and reconstruct the formation and evolution of the universe in his brain, I'd consider making it so, Dr. Fowler..." Dr. Francis, first to speak in the stunned silence. "Am I correct in offering congratulations to my dearly beloved teacher and colleague's granddaughter and her beau?" smile.

"Sheldon! Sheldon Cooper!" a call...Sheldon, glancing over...

"Oh, Lord..." Sheldon stared. Nervous look to Amy...Who was staring at the face of her enemy...With a hard stare not unlike the initial stages of Sheldon's grim stare at his old adviser but a few minutes before.

"Hey, Sheldon! It's your girl, come to collect!" wave...

Have we entered the Twilight Zone, somehow? Howard hissed to Raj as they looked for a chance to get through to the others...Bernadette encouraging Lucy who seemed game to brave the crowd so long as all attention was on their friends...

"He didn't catch that when I showed up with a vision like you on my arm?" Raj, smile to Lucy who nervously grinned... "Yes, we are..." firm nod. "And I for one, am staying."

Bernadette, pleased nod...Warm smile to Lucy.

Collect?...Amy stared. Sheldon now fully as anxious as she had been...

Ummn...Collect?...Well, you see...

"Sheldon Cooper...!" the statuesque blonde figure in white gown had suddenly broken through the crowd of still shocked if appreciative colleagues... Embracing and lifting Sheldon off his feet while Amy was still recovering from her own particular Sheldon-induced shock... "Shelbotty, it's me, your girl!" whirling him...

Though recovery, as Penny and Leonard noted, was remarkably swift...

Shelbotty?...Penny eyed Leonard who gave uncertain shrug...

"Hello. I'm the newly engaged Dr. Mrs. Cooper..." Amy, grimly tapping the spinning tall figure who paused. "You must be Susan Stein...Nice to meet you. Please put my fiancée down, he nosebleeds easily."

No one in the confusion noting the sly smile and cool look Dr. Francis turned back upon the rather anxious face of Francis Stein, watching the proceedings at the edge of the crowd around Sheldon, Amy, and his somewhat nonplused daughter.

A look which one might interpret variably as "Revenge is a dish best served by your own child" or simply "Up yours, Frankenstein."

....