"The X-Advisors..." Part IV...

(Note: "Postmodern Jukebox" and their magnificent vintage versions of songs can be heard on You Tube.)

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part IV...

"So, you're a Neurobiologist..." Stein nodded to an Amy rather pleased to catch that capital N in his tone...Nervously balancing in her heels.

At last...A physicist...Er, Physicist...Who shows a little collegial regard for my field.

"Back at Princeton I did consider Biophysics, with a concentration on Neurophysiology...Mainly due to your grandmother...Her focus was Neurophysiology then, before she concentrated on Physiological Psychology for that Nobel." warm smile that she couldn't resist smiling back at... "Dear God she was quite a woman...As well as a marvelous scientist and teacher...I don't mind telling you mine was one of many hearts broken when she returned in fall semester 1960 with your grandfather in tow. So she is well, is she?"

"She's not bad for ninety-six, a bit of arthritis and colds...She still writes a bit, back at her farm in Maine." Amy, catching herself to glance back...Hmmn...What did I forget?

Oh...Sheldon...Gulp, looking back to see him with Penny...Glaring her way.

"Cooper seems almost human these days..." Stein grinned, looking over as well... "Are these developments all do to you, Dr. Praetorius? And please tell me you get that ancient film reference...?"

"I've seen 'Bride of Frankenstein'." She smiled, nodding.

"Thank God for Turner Classic Movies...Bridging the gap between generations. You know I speak to my students and now some of them know more about the films of my generation than I do?" Stein smiled. "I actually have to bone up to impress the young ladies...But then, apart from science-fiction I didn't watch many films as a boy. I was a bit like Cooper in that I generally isolated myself in those days from cultural stimuli...Believed that hogwash about the need to devote every faculty to the work. Thank goodness I got over that and learned to have a life."

"Really...?" Amy eyed his smile.

He does have a very charming... Uh...

"A bit, I say...No one is more than a bit like Sheldon Cooper." Wry smile...

"Well...Sheldon has expanded his interests...And I've found it is kind of nice to have a social life. We're quite the 'smart set', actually, these days..." attempt at sophisticated tone. No...Not at all the kind you find stuck in the lab every weekend as much for lack of things to do as real work.

"I'm very glad to hear it. And I'm sure this miracle is solely due...To you." Steady gaze...

Uh...

Uh...Oh...No, no...No...Oh... No oh! She insisted to herself.

"My God, Howard...Sheldon's looking almost healthy with rage..." Bernadette noted, from where she sat by Lucy, anxious look over to Sheldon, then to Howard, standing beside her, looking over as well...

Whoa...I think I even see a slight pinking in those cadaverously pale cheeks...

"Howard, you've got to do something before he kills someone! Namely one of our guests of honor..." Bernadette, aghast as Sheldon, still beside Penny, furiously eyed Dr. Stein as Stein happily chatted up Amy who seemed rather flattered by the attention, not to mention pleased at the numerous references to her grandmother, Dr. Margaret Fowler-Horowitz, once both instructor and object of desire for her companion.

"Bernie..." sigh. "If Penny can't hold him back..." he eyed her. Raj, standing by Lucy, nodding...

The both of us couldn't do so well as restraining bouncers...