"The X-Advisors..." Part LXIV...

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: Like my Immortal Beloved bits in my Buffyverse stories, these are fragments and short bits, some longer...Just to fiddle with ideas, possibly forming longer tales later.

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LXIV...

Dr. Stein's office...Department of Physics...

"So...Dr. Kripke." Xavier the younger grinned at the startlingly nervous Kripke, currently looking to Stein and Margaret for support.

"I understand Francis here has won you over to the Dark Side, however sunny here in Texas."

"Hmmn? Oh, yeah...Thwrough negotiations awre still in pwrogwress."

Xavier, merry look to Margaret who gave him a reproving stare...

Ok, Maggie...I'll be good. His innocent grin forcing her to cover a trembling...

God, what happened to you, Xavier?

"Ah, ha..." Xavier wagged a finger at Stein who smiled wryly. "Alls not yet lost for us at Princeton then. Suppose I see if our plasma boys can give you a call in the next few days...Any chance you might hear them out? We might have some attractive proposals."

"Wreally? How attwractive? Natuwrally I'm always willing to leave the doowr ajawr till alls settled." Barry, nodding.

"Excellent...As my near twin Shakespearean on 'Star Trek' likes to say...I'll 'make it so'." Xavier beamed. "Don't worry, Frank." He grinned at Stein. "If we do land him, I won't let it leak out I met him here. Dr. Kripke, seriously..." he returned to Barry. "I'm eager to discuss your last two papers. You have a keen insight on plasma stabilization. Frank?" he turned back to Stein. "Have you discussed this new breakthrough of yours with the good Doctor here? I've always thought plasma stabilization could play a role there if any practical experiments could be tried."

"Not yet, but I intend to." Stein nodded.

"Wonderful...This trip may have been worth a near heart attack." Xavier grinned. "Oh, I had a little practical joke played on me, to get me down here, Doctor..." he addressed Barry's stare. "These two smug idiots are actually children when it comes to such." He beamed fondly at Margaret and Stein. "Though there was a time when our 'Creator' here..." at Stein... "Would've been the last person in the world you'd suspect of a sense of humor, let alone a practical joker's streak."

...

Amy, out in the hallway, pulling young Sheldon who kept staring back at the office door... "C'mon, Sheldon..." she hissed urgently.

"But..." he began.

"It's not the Dr. Francis threatening us...We've got to let Gran and Dr. Stein handle him." She noted, in low voice.

"But why is he here? It's too coincidental, he could be in disguise."

"I know our Dr. Francis, that's not him...As he is now." Amy shook head. "And he's still Dr. Stein's best friend right now, Leonard..." pause. "Leonard always said he and Stein were constantly getting together back...Now. You've met him, he knew you."

"Twice..." Sheldon sighed. "But I guess you're right. But if he's in town, staying at the same hotel Amy was going to visit with Dr. Fowler-Horowitz and Sheldon...?"

"We'll have to reconsider our plan for sure..." Amy sighed. "But for now lets go and not arouse any suspicions. You should have your lunch in any case, aren't you do for your bowel movement at 12:35 today?"