"The X-Advisors..." Part LXII...

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: Like my Immortal Beloved bits in my Buffyverse stories, these are fragments and short bits, some longer...Just to fiddle with ideas, possibly forming longer tales later.

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LXII...

Dr. Stein's office...Department of Physics, UAustin...

"Margaret?" he eyed Dr. Fowler-Horowitz who sat alone in his office across his desk, young Sheldon, "Penelope", and Kripke waiting in the hallway while the others had remained at Penny's hospital room. "You want me to go the UAustin Medical Center and pose as Susan Stein, adult's father with young Cooper and Mrs. Hofstadter posing as her siblings?"

"Well, you at least bear an id with the Stein name, Francis." She noted.

"And meanwhile...Young Miss Fowler will attempt to leave a note for Xavier at our favorite hotel? With you, adult Cooper, and Dr. Kripke in attendance?"

"That's about the size of it, Francis."

"Isn't this a bit absurd? Young Sheldon is Susan's target to effect change here...And Mrs. Hofstadter is not only without any valid identification but seriously ill. And should the authorities investigate..." he paused.

"Exactly...You bear the proof of being Francis Stein, respected scientist, with a daughter Susan." Margaret beamed.

"A twelve-year old daughter, Susan." He noted. "Known to any of my colleagues...And what of young Cooper and Mrs. Hofstadter, I assume, my other 'children'?"

"And this, if necessary, is your first daughter Susan. You are after all old enough to have made a mistake in your young manhood..." shrewd smile. "And you do have the reputation to back that up. Though I would doubt the hospital authorities would go so far as to check on that bit. As for Sheldon and Penny, they're either your stepchildren or the children of the woman who mothered Susan and fled to the wilds with her. After all, our story is that Susan likewise fled her own bad marriage..."

"But the police, if minimally competent, would check." He eyed her.

"Only if you went so far as to ask for her release into your custody. And given the Austin police department I doubt even that would be all that great a problem. They'd probably be very glad to get this case off their hands."

"I suppose it could work...But Margaret..."

"Your stepchildren or ,as I said, naturally contacted you and you've come with them to see what you can do for the poor girl. Only natural and understandable." Margaret, smiling.

"Fine, but my concern was Susan and her memory...If I appear, along with young Cooper...That could be enough."

"Extremely likely." She eyed him.

"Then you want to bring her memory back..." he stared.

"If she's not faking this amnesia. Which frankly I don't believe. She has no reason to wish to be trapped at a hospital. I believe she was injured in the jump."

"But if we do this and she recovers..."

"Then we know and we have her, here, under some control." Margaret, sternly.

"I'm grateful you all trust me so much." Stein sighed. "But you know I can't easily acquiesce in killing my own daughter, even a transdimensional version."

"I'm hoping it won't come to that, Francis." Dr. Fowler-Horowitz shook head. "But, you know what she's done and could do, here. And how Mrs. Hofstadter, even Dr. Cooper, feel about her. If you assist here, it's one way to allow her a chance."