"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXII...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XXXII...

"What do we do now?" Amy looked at Sheldon. "We can't stay here. Sheldon? What are you doing?" As he went round the house to the front door.

"I hope you two know you owe me your lives..." Kripke insisted as he followed after Amy, she looking to avoid any detection. Fortunately it was early afternoon, most students and faculty in class or otherwise occupied...Though her behavior of halting against the side of the house and at a bush as Sheldon made for the stairs seemed far more likely to attract unwanted attention, as Kripke pointed out to her, they both pausing by the front steps.

"I mean no one knows who you are, even if youngewr you is hwer stalking Sheldon..." he noted.

"Quiet! Sheldon! Come back! You can't..." as he opened the front door.

"It was never locked till after nine, I remember." He called back. "Come on, both of you."

"Sheldon, we can't go in..." Amy had come up to him, Kripke following...Briefly distracted as a young blonde girl passed them, descending the stairs to the street, holding a gym bag and dressed as a cheerleader.

"Hwello, gowrgewrous..." he called. She pausing to look up the stairs at him, smiling.

"Well, hello you, lambie pie..." beam, wave before continuing on.

"Oh my God...I am home." Kripke pronounced.

"Actually, he probably is..." Sheldon noted to Amy. "Though I should warn you, Barry, the girls may be friendly here. But they know how to handle fellas like you."

"Oh, do they?" Kripke frowned. "Please, they have never seen fellwas like Bwarry Kwripke."

"That's almost certainly true." Amy agreed. "Sheldon, what were you thinking?"

"I'm thinking we have nowhere else to go, Amy. We've no useable money unless you have some dating from the 90s and our cards won't work for years."

Hmmn...Amy eyed Barry...Barry, Amy...

Time travel via wormhole has clearly brought out the practical side in Sheldon...

"Well, there is always the world's oldest pwrofession..." Kripke began, eyeing Amy.

"Breaking your back to earn people's sympathy as you beg like a movie Quasimodo probably won't work in Texas, Kripke."

"What? Why would I bwreak my back?"

"I mean I'm going to break your back if you ever say anything like that to Amy again."

"You will...?" Amy, radiant.

"We're in Texas now, gotta defend my woman's honor." He nodded.

I could live here, Amy thought as Kripke frowned.

"But Sheldon, how can we explain this?" she asked, quizzical move of hands.

"How can you explain what?" young Sheldon, now at the open front door, eyeing them. "And how do you know my name?"

....

"It's very kind of you to help us..." Penny, from the rear, told the driver of the rather brightly orange Camarro who'd stopped to assist the sweet young lady and her injured grandfather, victims of an assault and carjacking just down the road.

"Grandpa couldn't have made it much further."

"Yes, that's certainly true." Francis noted, eyeing Penny's quick, hard stare.

"Not a problem, lil' lady." The large man driving beamed quickly back. "Now are you sure I can't drop you at the hospital? Or the police station?"

"Oh, no, we just need to get to the University campus. Grandpa is a professor there. In Physics."

"Really? Well, shucks. It's awful a man like you and his sweet peach of a granddaughter gets treated like that, in broad daylight. What's the country comin' to, I tell you? When we had Reagan..."

"Yes, indeed." Francis nodded. "Perhaps you could drop us just by the main entrance. We're actually staying at the hotel there for my semester here."

"Why, shore...It's just ahead. But really, you folks sure you'll be ok?"

"The clinic's just inside on the campus. We'll be fine." Francis nodded.

Hotel? Penny eyed him.

"Lucky good ole Stein always keeps the room for me for my visits...And his occasional assignations. Isn't it dear?" he smiled at her.

Just so long as you're not staying there right now...And can pass for twenty years younger, she thought.

...

"Let me understand this..." young Sheldon eyed the three before him as they stood just outside his apartment in the hallway. He holding Sheldon's proof, a California State ID issued to Sheldon Lee Cooper, to expire in November 2017, along with a picture of his older but still recognizably Mary Cooper mother.

"You're my counterpart from 2017 who developed time travel via Einstein-Rosen wormhole bridge but were accidentally stuck here?" young Sheldon asked, nodding.

"And you're his assistant?" he eyed Kripke who glared.

"I am his much mowre bwrilliant pawrtner."

"We let him say that to keep him happy." Sheldon noted. Kripke giving him a narrow-eyed glare.

Still, either we perswuade the kid to twrust us or we swleep on the gwround till the Texas wrangers or whomever pick us up.

"And you're my fiancée." Frown at Amy.

Shaking head.

"Not possible. This looks real..." he handed back the license. "And I can believe much of what you say as it makes sense my future self would report on his success in time travel to me. But...She's much too beautiful."

Oh, God I love you, Sheldon...Amy beamed. I loved you then and I love you now.

Ooops. I'm here. Somewhere near, keepin' tabs. Especially since he disappeared from class.

"Did Dr. Stein send you? Are you actors he hired to make sure I'd come out and back to class? And to dinner on Friday with him and his daughter? This seems very non-coincidental given our conversation on wormholes just a short time ago. And he knows I used to be fond of 'Back to the Future'."

"Before Dr. Brown, your advisor was forced to resign, then died." Sheldon noted.

"He could have told you that." Careful look.

"We met in New York City, at Penn Station." Amy stated quietly. "Just a year and a half ago. Your Meemaw took you on a train trip all the way to Maine. You told my poor sister she was an angel. I helped you give that petition to the clerk to save Penn Station."

"You..." young Sheldon stared. "It really is you. I'm going to marry...You." He blinked.

"Yes...You are." Sheldon nodded firmly. "You won't be alone."

"Well, in that case...You can come in." the boy Sheldon nodded.