"The X-Advisors..." Part I

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: The arrival of Leonard's and Sheldon's embittered former advisors and Amy's worst rival since her sister went off her meds threatens disaster for the gang...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Apartment of Sheldon Cooper and Leonard Hofstadter...

An eager Leonard and a rather grim Sheldon at dinner with their usual suspects...Dr. Rajesh Koothrapali, his newly returned and latest addition to the group girlfriend Lucy, Howard Wolowitz and Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz, Sheldon's and Leonard's respective significant others, Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler and Penny.

"I cannot believe Dr. Xavier Francis is actually coming to Cal Tech..." Leonard beamed. "You know he was my inspiration in grad school."

"So you've been telling us...Ad infinitum." Sheldon frowned.

"Well so what if I have..." Leonard shrugged, waving him off... "Dr. Francis was an..."

"Inspiration?" Howard, smile to Bernadette who shushed him.

"I meant to say...Excellent guide to the universe that is experimental physics." Leonard, archly.

"Oh, please..." Sheldon rolled eyes... "More like the kids' pool."

Leonard, refusing to be downed by Sheldon's moroseness...Warming to his theme as he spoke. "Dr. Francis taught me everything I know about experimental physics."

"Wonderful as it is that we know who to blame..." Sheldon cut in...

"I can't believe you're not excited, Sheldon." Leonard shook head. "Dr. Stein is coming too. Your old adviser...The man who made you..." pause to mutual grins among the guys. "...what you are today."

"What?" Penny eyed the males who but for Sheldon were clearly enjoying the joke...Expectant smile.

"Oh, yes..." Sheldon glared. "The usual childish play on his name. Francis N. Stein..."

"Your adviser was Dr. Frank N. Stein?" Penny blinked, chuckling...

"I didn't choose him..." Sheldon fumed. "I didn't need an adviser but the university, in its not-so-infinite wisdom decided to foist him on me. And what a choice..."

"I dunno Sheldon..." Leonard, repressing grin... "Dr. Stein was always a great guy...He certainly...Lit up a room."

Raj and Howard chuckling as Bernadette frowned and Amy glared...

"What?" Bernadette... "I don't get it."

"Reference to lightning...Frankenstein...Like in the movies..." Howard tried.

"I never watched those movies. They didn't scare me like the other kids...I made scarier things in the micro lab at school, so I just got bored." Bernadette noted.

"I'm sure this Dr. Stein was more to you that some silly monster movie joke, Sheldon." Amy noted... "And why didn't you tell me all about him before? Some way to share..." frown. "I claim a minor infringement of the relationship agreement, clause six, paragraph three...And demand the usual retribution." She pursed lips.

"Seems you've really been boning up on the relationship agreement these days, Amy." Howard...Rolling eyes to Bernadette's frown.

Not bad...Penny eyed the couple as Sheldon made lip contact...

He's actually getting the knack...

"Yes..." Sheldon, breaking contact...Off-hand tone... "I do commend Amy for her due diligence."