"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXVI...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XXXVI...

"Well...I've finished my nightly phone call to my mother." Young Sheldon, emerging from his bedroom. "You'll be pleased to know I restrained myself from mentioning that I have three adult guests, one claiming to be my future counterpart, one my future fiancée, the other someone I'll know..." eyeing the frowning Kripke.

He who saved the lives of all here but the putz kid...Kripke thought.

Well, I helped build the matwrix contwroller and I screamed we'd better use it when my coffee froze in quantum space...

Every hewro saves lives in his own way, natch.

"That's good. Thanks, Sheldon." Amy beamed.

"For you, my future fiancée and life partner, anything." Gallant bow.

Damn him, he's good. Sheldon thought, annoyed.

"Of course now I will have to spend the next twenty odd years pretending I don't know you..." shrewd glance at Sheldon...

Boy, are you in trouble now... Sly grin.

Putz. Little putz. My brother Georgie is absolutely right about you, Sheldon glared.

"Yeah." Amy, curtly. "And we'll discuss that, later. But are we agreed, now we've had our needlessly obligatory Star Trek break..."

You'll never see her playing 'Doctor, Star Trek style', putz, Sheldon thought.

"...that our next step must be to contact Dr. Stein?"

"I don't know. He's brilliant but..." Sheldon began.

"He's sure to put the moves on our girl here." Young Sheldon nodded.

"Been there, tried that." Amy shrugged.

"Yes, but he was seventy-seven then." Sheldon noted.

"Definitely a threat..." young Sheldon agreed. "I've lost girls before to such operators. My best friend..."

That rat... Both Sheldons, grimacing.

Still, out of that black hole, came...Amy...Both beaming.

"Dr. Stein is the only one who can help us. He created the original theory. Even if Dr. Francis' counterpart is still sane and decent, he only applied the theory." Amy noted.

"Excuse me...Applicwation is still impowrtant, my giwrl." Kripke noted. "Applicwation, in the fowrm of my matwrix contwroller saved our lives..."

"Your matwrix...Matrix...Controller?" Sheldon frowned.

"Ours, fine... But I still point out..."

"You're brilliant enough to handle that end, Kripke." Sheldon shrugged.

Kripke, staring...

"Assuming it's possible or won't require another universe be destroyed to do it."

"Well...Yeah, I guess." Kripke noted. "If you get me access to the univewrsity labs...And the still wrather pwrimitive, I'm sure, computer facilities."

"Again, Dr. Stein is the key there." Amy pointed out.

"Fine, my advisor, it is..." sigh. "Just don't leave me for him, please?"

Warm smile from Amy...To Both Sheldons, both with pleading looks... "Not a chance."

"Now, as to sleeping arrangements..." Sheldon began.

"We'll sleep on the sofa..." Amy insisted. "We can't deprive a young boy of his sleep."

"That's nice. I can. I'll take the bed." Kripke noted.

"Amy and Sheldon can have my bed." Young Sheldon, quietly.

"Sheldon!" Amy, frowning.

"You aren't sleeping together?" he eyed them.

Uh... Well...

"Commendable. But efficiency suggests you two take the bed, I take the sofa."

"Excuse me?" Kripke frowned.

"You can have the chairs or the rug..." young Sheldon, graciously.

Tell him we're not sleeping together yet...Amy hissed to Sheldon. You take the sofa, I'll take a chair.

"But..."

"You want your mother some day to find out we slept together in your twelve-year old counterpart's apartment?" Amy whispered. "He already likes me way too much. You were a randy little kid at twelve." Slight, sly grin.

"And we have something to discuss, Sheldon. He'll hear less in there."

"Fine... Kid? We'll be on the sofa and chair, Kripke..."

"Took the bedroom..." faint call from the bedroom.

Hmmn... "Seems your partner is at least enterprising. Well, a slumber party with myself and my girl might be nice at that." Young Sheldon notes, happily. "Even though we can't discuss specifics about the future, you can clue me in on a few broad details."

"Don't even think about us sharing the sofa..." Amy hissed.

You little putz...Sheldon eyed his smugly smiling counterpart.

...

"Miss? Can you tell us anything more? What's your name?" the police officer addressed the strikingly pretty blonde young woman found wandering in the middle of Austin in rather disheveled, even slightly burned, yet clearly once casually elegant white dress, now lying on a bed in standard hospital johnny, in the University of Austin hospital.

"My name?" Susan Stein blinked... "I...Don't remember...I almost know...I was in a big place and it burned up. Where's my father?"

"What's your father's name?" the officer hurriedly asked.

The most sensible question she'd been asked since coming to consciousness...

"He's...I don't know...Daddy?"

"Miss. If you can't tell us his name or your name we can't find him or anyone else you know. Can you think of anyone else."

"Sheldon." She noted, proudly. "Sheldon..." she blinked.

"Who is Sheldon, Miss? Your father? Your husband?"

"He's...My Sheldon." She noted, wanly.

"Best to let her rest some more. It'll come back to you, honey." A large nurse at her side noted, patting her.

"Ok." The officer rose. "I'll check back tomorrow. But she has no id, nothing."

"Another Jane Doe, it happens." The nurse shrugged. "But maybe she'll remember tomorrow. The doctor thinks she had quite a shock, probably a big accident. You'll probably hear something soon."

"Hope so." the officer nodded. "Hate to see a girl like that wind up in some psych ward."

"You must love him very much..." Susan murmured, drugs on IV taking effect.

"Who's that, honey?" the nurse, carefully.

"Penny...She loves Leonard so much." Susan, falling asleep.

"There you go..." the nurse eyed the officer who nodded. Maybe.

...