"The X-Advisors..." Part II...

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: The arrival of Leonard's and Sheldon's embittered former advisors and Amy's worst rival since her sister went off her meds threatens disaster for the gang...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part II...

"I've seen the world...Done it all...Had my cake now..." the tall singer in sequined gown at the back of the hall began her ballad, her band playing as the crowd swirled round...

Cal Tech...Department of Physics reception for distinguished visiting professors Dr. Francis N. Stein and Dr. Xavier Francis...

Two lions of Physics, inches away from Nobels...

Indeed, some would say from the same Nobel...

Penny in black gown, hair plied, rather delighted by Leonard's eagerness...

"Diamonds, brilliant...And Bel Air now. Hot summer nights, mid July. When you and I were forever wild...The crazy days, city lights...When you would play with me like a child..." the singer continued.

Pleased to have finally gotten him into a suit other than corduroy, beaming at him in his rather spiffy rented tux...Though he had actually been quite willing having explained that the reception would have a certain old Hollywood style theme...

And perhaps, despite having been to a couple of departmental affairs, a bit subdued and nervous...Surprised herself to find herself so...

"Will you still love me? When I'm no longer young and beautiful?" the song's question catching her...

I really want to make a good impression on this guy my Leonard admires so much...

My God, for the first time...I feel like Penny Hofstadter, supportin' my little hobbity physicist at his job.

Scared to death I'll come off as the dumb blonde bovine...As my dear friend Sheldon so charmingly puts it...From Nebraska.

I shoulda worn my "smart" glasses...She confides to Howard as Leonard leaves her for a moment to get drinks and say hello to President Siebert. Howard looking rather well in his own tux and Bernadette positively radiant in gown...Clearly pleased to have a chance to deck out a bit for once.

"Trust me...You have all you need to impress any male in this room." Howard smiled. "Right, Bernie?"

She looking at him...Seeing nothing but a real desire to bolster her...Bernadette smiling reassuringly as well...

"Thanks, guys." She beamed. Listening to the singer at the front of the hall...

Geesh...She and the band are actually good...She noting to Bernadette. "Great in fact...I love that 40s style."

"They were actually Leonard's choice. He asked Gablehauser to let him arrange the band." Howard nodded. "Postmodern Jukebox...He figured they couldn't go wrong with 40s style vintage versions on modern music. One way or the other they have to click with our special guests."

"So that's why he said to dress a bit old-style Hollywood..." she beamed. "He made a terrific choice. They're great...Hey's there's Sheldon! Sheldon!" she waved. "Amy got him in the good suit somehow..." she noted to Bernadette... "Oh my God..." she blinked. Bernadette staring as well...

"Whoa..." Howard blinked...

As, on Sheldon's arm, looking a bit nervous, Amy Farrah Fowler in vintage red and black gown, hair styled to a high side curl in 40s style...High heels. Craning to look for their friends while eagerly glancing over at the band...