"The X-Advisors..." Part XVIII...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XVIII...

Leonard's hospital room...

Where a very content if somewhat anxious to terminate the evening's festivities Penny Hofstadter was playing hostess to the limited "old gang" wedding party while monitoring every blip on Leonard's monitor thingy...

Howard, to his pleased surprise, finding himself regarded as the "practical" one as far as confirming the state of the equipment; Sheldon, a bit perturbed to find Penny somewhat dismissive of his analysis of the readings...Was he an MD? I don't see that shingle, I go looking for one...She'd noted.

Leonard, a bit sheepish...Not exactly the sort of wedding night he'd pictured, really...

"I don't know, dude..." Raj grinned. "Considering what your stay in this luxury suite is likely to cost you, I'd say you were sparing no expense."

"It won't be like this often, I promise...This was just a busy night and I was a little overtired." Leonard sighed to Penny. "And we'll do something fun for our real honeymoon."

"If your insurance covers this, maybe...But we have to think of the future, Leonard." She shook her head. "As for this sort of thing...I'll gladly spend every night in the ER if it means I have you with me one more day." Warm smile...Glance to Raj beside the bed, he returning confident nod.

"What do you suppose Dr. Stein is saying to Amy?" Sheldon eyed Howard nervously... "And should that respiration be that high?"

"Well lets see..." Howard, calmly, pulling him over to the side, then whispering harshly... "First...Knock it off, Sheldon. Penny's scared to death already and this is no night for you to be indulging your fears. Leonard is doing fine, make that your mantra or I'm telling Amy you invited Susan over...And second, I'm sure Amy can handle Frankenstein, whatever he's up to. Have faith in your girl." Reassuring pat. "Come on, now...Lets give your best friend a proper send-off and get out of here and let the love birds be."

"Well, you deserve better..." Leonard frowned to Penny. "And we're going to do something nice...And memorable."

"Oh, I think I'll remember getting married by our friends in a hospital ER just fine..." Penny smiled.

"It did have that Wolowitz wedding touch, didn't it?" Raj noted happily.

"Ok, guys..." Howard came back to Leonard's bed on the opposite side from Penny. "I think it's high time we said good night and let the Hofstadters try to enjoy their wedding night under the romantic glow of Leonard's cardiac monitor."

"Just tell the girls I'm ok...A little over exertion, that's all this was." Leonard noted. "And thank them for letting you guys stay."

"Yeah...And now, what Howard said." Penny, with beaming smile, but increasingly anxious urging...

"Right..." Raj nodded. "Good night and all the gods smile upon you. No one deserves this happiness more than you two."

"Amen to that...And L'chaim." Howard beamed.

"He'll be all right, Penny. He's had this sort of minor attack before, it's statistically insignificant." Sheldon eyed her.

"Thank you, Sheldon..." she kissed him. "That was the sweetest gift and the kindest lie anyone's ever told me. Go kiss my bestie for me."

They went out the door...Penny staring after them...A tear running...

"He's never had anything like this before, has he?" Howard sighed to Sheldon at the elevator.

"No..." Sheldon shook his head. "Of course it doesn't have to mean anything...Statistically speaking..." nervous look to both as they all entered the elevator...