"The X-Advisors..." Part LIX...

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: Like my Immortal Beloved bits in my Buffyverse stories, these are fragments and short bits, some longer...Just to fiddle with ideas, possibly forming longer tales later.

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

[Note-delayed for a while on this one due to life and other stories but will try to continue on...RG]

Part LIX...

Exam room in the MRI clinic...

"Jane Doe"/Susan having insisted on a chance to meet "cousin George" and learn about her past...Sheldon, doing his best to maintain a pleasant façade in conversation with the murderess of his friends, family, and world, as well as his idea of brother George's mannerisms...

Despite a brief mental image of George frowning at him...

Really? This is your version of me?

Along with the two security guards and the skeptical nurse who'd insisted they stay...

"So, I'm married?" Susan, eagerly.

"Yeah, the varmint..." Sheldon nodded. "We always said he was a no-good skunk of a Louisiana polecat..."

"Oh...That's too bad. So...Are we related directly or...?" she asked, a bit downcast.

"No, I'm from his side..."

Cleverly dodging any possible suggestion of a blood or DNA test...He thought.

"But with no id or any real proof?" The nurse eyed him grimly.

"Not on my person, ma'am." He noted apologetically. "As a free son of..."

"Yeah, sure..." the nurse waved him off. "But you ought to have something..."

"As a matter of fact...I do..." he offered a pleasant smile. "This comes from a few years back, so you might find it a bit hard to..." he moved to pull out wallet. The guards immediately moving at him...The nurse waving them back.

"It's all right just wanted to get something from my wallet, if it's okay, ma'am?" he asked the nurse.

"What have you got?" Susan, eagerly.

Something I only brought out from my files of persons who have encountered me in a significant way to ceremonially burn in front of Amy, before this insanity happened, he thought.

Though now I suppose Leonard's comment that that was one of the dumbest ideas I'd ever had was, perhaps...

"Just no sudden moves..." one of the guards cautioned.

"Here." He offered an old photo. "You see we all grew up together, in the same neighborhood." He offered the photo to Susan.

"Oh..." she cooed, smiling. "Yeah, that is me...And you..." Holding up the photo of a twelve-year old Sheldon and Susan standing in Dr. Stein's back yard. Young Susan beaming for the camera, young Sheldon looking distinctly uncomfortable.

"All that means is you know her. And frankly you look more like the boyfriend than a cousin there." The nurse frowned.

"You know, you do...Though not all that happy." Susan noted, with shy wan smile.

"It was Howard who took the shot. My no-good cousin..." Sheldon noted.

Thanks, ole pal...Howard's image frowned at him.

Well...I had to pick someone believable as a no-good varmint, Wolowitz. You know I can't really lie that well...And you know Leonard would never fit the bill, in my mind.