"The X-Advisors..." Part XII...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XII...

"Penny, you've got to put Amy back on..." Leonard, wheezing a bit on phone...

"I'm all right, yes, Sheldon's getting my inhaler...What? She left with Bernadette and Howard? Was she...?"

Oh, no...He sighed, closing eyes. Sheldon, you idiot.

"Crying? Penny, Susan Stein isn't coming over...That's not what Sheldon was upset about. Penny? Penny, don't cry...Penny? Sheldon!" he called out the open door of Sheldon's bedroom where he still sat.

"What?!"

"Get my inhaler, now!"

"Ok, ok..." grumble...

"Penny, he's getting it...What? No, I'm not going to die...Penny? What the hell? Yes, I promise I won't die on you...Oh, Penny...What? Yes...I mean no, she isn't coming. That I know of...He was upset for another reason. Sure, sure...I'll call Howard right now...Just, please stop crying...Penny..." he dialed frantically.

"Howard, Leonard. Where are you? Ok... Put Amy on, please? It's important. I don't care if she doesn't feel liking talking! Penny's crying, she has to listen! Amy! Amy, you've got to listen. Sheldon's not interested in Susan Stein...Amy? Look, I'm really starting...To...Wheeze...I..."

Oh, God...He gasped...I can't...I can't die now...I promised Penny I wouldn't die... "Sheldon!"

"Oh, my God! Leonard!" Sheldon ran to him...Helping him with the inhaler...

What is that screaming sound?...He picked up the phone dropped by Leonard... "Hello? Amy! Amy, I think I have to get Leonard to the hospital...The inhaler's not stopping his attack! Yes, yes, call 911! Yes, Penny? Penny, stop screaming, please! Amy?! Right, yes...I've given him his inhaler...Amy, don't go. Ok, Howard's calling 911...Thanks, right. It's ok, he's wheezing badly but he says it's not as bad. Penny, please?! I don't know, he says it's better. Amy? Thank you..."

Uh...Huh...Huh...Leonard gasped... "Let ...Me...Talk..."

"Amy, he's a little better but he's afraid for Penny...Can you...? Thank you." He sighed.

"There's the ambulance..." he eyed Leonard, listening... Leonard nodding...Struggling to catch breath...

"I'll...Be...Ok..." he wheezed...Faint smile. "Don't...Blow...This..." he eyed Sheldon.

"Leonard?" frown...

"I'm...Not...Fak...ing...But..." he waved hand. "Make...Use..."

"Ok...Just calm down..." Sheldon, stroking him. "It's a good idea...I will..." nod.

"Don't...Worry..."

"You won't die now, I get it...Too much to live for and all that nonsense." Sheldon nodded. "Fine just sit back and relax, the EMTs will be here in a minute. Amy?" he spoke into the phone. "Ok, he's settling down...The EMTs are here. Penny, I'm sure he'll be ok. Yes, I promise...I do...Ok, Rajesh and Lucy are with you? They'll bring you to the hospital...Good. Yes, Amy is coming of course. See?" he noted as Amy cut in with an extremely positive response. "Thanks, Amy. No, Penny, I'm not going off the phone...I'm right here with Leonard, don't worry. Ok, I hear the EMTs knocking...I have to go. Amy? Thanks...I'll see you at the hospital. No, Penny, I said I wouldn't go off the phone...I'm right here, I just have to let the EMTs in...Of course..." he rose...Looking at Leonard who nodded and waved at him...I'm ok, go.

"Yes, Penny, I'm going straight to the door...Oh..." he eyed Susan in the doorway, she in the moment of a first knock.

"Is anything wrong, Shelbot?" she eyed his stricken face...