"The X-Advisors..." Part LXIII...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LIII...

White Sands National Park...Visitor's site for the missile testing range...

"So, you actually invented a new rocket fuel?" Summer eagerly, to Leonard as Raj nervously followed the pair beside Ms. Glau's aunt.

Who seemed to have an endless reserve of questions about India yet was not much bothered by Raj's monosyllabic answers...

"He will..." Raj noted. "I mean it's still in the development stage..." as Leonard turned back, eyeing him.

Raj? Just trying to keep her happy. I want that free ride.

"I've pretty well worked it out." Leonard noted. "It's even attracted some attention from abroad."

Like in the form of Joyce Kim trying to seduce it out of you in twelve or so years? Raj stared.

Still, I suppose it is nice to know a pretty spy really wanted what you got. Not all that much interest in exosolar planetary bodies since the first dozens were found.

"Wow." Summer nodded. "Of course, the real breakthrough will be in ion drive, I'd say. That could be an interstellar propulsion system that could make flights feasible, to the nearest stars."

"I'm actually working on an ion system...I just got...Well, will get...A grant to develop one..." Leonard nods.

"Really?" beam. "Rajesh? What star system would you send a probe to?" she looked back, eager smile.

"Oh...Uh...There are several..." he choked out.

"Proxima Centauri." Leonard, archly as Raj glared.

Stepping on my province here, dude.

"Proxima?" Summer eyed him, curious. "But it's a multiple star system, isn't that likely to be too unstable?"

"I'm convinced there's a planet or two there and it will be proven in the next, oh, 20 or so years." Smile at Raj.

"Yeah..." scowl.

"Raj is working on some new methods to detect them." Leonard to Raj's slight thawing.

Ok, thanks...

"Really, Rajesh?" Summer, rather excited.

"Uh...Yeah...Sort of...Ways to go yet."

"Is it really so crowded in India you can't sit down in some cities?" the aunt suddenly asked him.

Uh...

"Auntie..." Summer frowned. "That's not true...Oh, look, they're ready to fire!" she turned and taking Raj's hand, pulled him along to the large window overlooking the test range area.

"Oh, sorry..." she apologized to a short boy peering out over the test range as she nudged past him.

"No...Problem...Beautiful." The boy eyed her with leer.

"HOWARD! Come and tell me how the rocket works!" a small and beautiful blonde woman summoned the boy.

Raj and Leonard staring...

"Coming Ma! Just wait a second will ya! Be right back, honey. Just keep lookin' the way you do." He told an amused Summer, hurrying off.

"HOW COME IT DOESN'T HAVE WINGS?! HOWARD?! HOW DOES IT STAY UP?!"

"I TOLE YA, MA...IT DOESN'T NEED WINGS!" The boy fuming at his slight mother...

"Oh my God..." Rajesh blinked, looking over. "I completely forgot. He told me his mother brought him here, some time in '96."