"The X-Advisors..." Part LI...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LI...

"Now Amy..." Margaret eyed young Amy as they sat in her kitchen, Amy eating some soup just heated in microwave for her. "I realize you're anxious about both the Sheldons. I was both young and in love, and just in love not so long ago myself and I understand absolutely how overwhelming can be the desire to keep your beloved safe and in your care."

"Grandpa Leonard." Amy nodded, sipping soup.

"Grandpa Leonard among others including you and Charlotte..." nod. "But you're twelve and currently in my care and you must trust that we've arranged for the safety of them both."

"I'm not worried about Sheldon, adult..." Amy noted, dunking crusty bread in the soup. "He's got me, adult, by his side. I pity the fool who'd take her on...An adult Fowler in love." Calm tone.

"True enough..." Margaret agreed.

"But my own honey...Not to question Dr. Kripke's guardian skills..." Amy noted, carefully. "Susan, adult, only knows he's here, not his counterpart. Same for Dr. Francis. Ergo, my lamby is in danger and I am concerned."

"Amy...You can do far better protecting him by staying here and resting and setting out on the quest fresh tomorrow."

"That's the logical argument, Gran." nod.

"Amy..." stern look. "In the paraphrased words of your great aunt, if you try to leave this house tonight...I'll get you, my pretty...And your little dog won't be any safer."

"I love him, Gran..." calm stare. "But I understand."

"Stop evading the direct answer, child. I'm no fool. Promise me you'll stay here."

"Gran. We are Fowler women." shrewd regarding... "I won't lie to you, you know if I can get to Sheldon tonight, I will."

"Fair warning and honest, true Fowler. All right, then. It will be slumber party sleepover, down here in the living room. And you can call Sheldon. But you are not going there."

Shrug, rising and taking bowl and spoon to sink. "No prison or fortress can hold my rapturous, pining heart. Likewise, fair warning." nod. "But can we call my darling now?" eager look. "Until I hear that he's safe, my blood pressure and pulse remain at dangerously high levels."

"All right, but in the living room. And I warn you, child...I've turned on the alarm system, just in case you're hoping the doddering old grandmother might pass out in thirty minutes or less."

"I expected no less, Gran." nod. "Shall we?"

"Come along and bring your juice...Amy, he does seem like a sweet boy. I am happy for you." Margaret noted as they entered the living room.

"Isn't he?" Amy beamed as they sat on sofa. Margaret pulling phone over and dialing. "It's something of a pity that my counterpart is here, his'd be a good match for Charlotte."

"Charlotte's only two years old than you?" Margaret stared.

"It's not the age, it's the experience. Charlotte's lived a lifetime of suffering. Clearly my adult Sheldon, manfully as he tries to conceal it, has done the same. Only to be expected in a world incapable of ever fully appreciating him." solemn nod.

"Really? He struck me as somewhat overprotected. And I mean to speak to Amy about...Yes? Ah, Dr. Kripke?"

"Sheldon! Hi!" Amy quieting at a stare from Gran Mag.

Right, not too forward...Demure catches like honey, she nodded.

"Yes, is everything? Really...The boy wasn't hurt?"