"The X-Advisors..." Part LX...

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: Like my Immortal Beloved bits in my Buffyverse stories, these are fragments and short bits, some longer...Just to fiddle with ideas, possibly forming longer tales later.

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LX...

It was bad enough, Ashley Smythe reflected, as Dr. Stein continued his lecture, that the bodacious new bird on the block had had to have maternal yearnings leading her to waste his precious stalking time watching her converse with that flash in the pan from Nowheresville, Texas, Sheldon Cooper...

What no twenty-litre or "ten-gallon" hat? As the Yanks liked to say...Yokels mired in their own pointless ego.

But now, this sudden "guest" of Stein's, this "Kripke"...Where have I heard that name?...He frowned at Barry now seated beside "Penelope"/Amy...Comes...This scientifically illegitimate thing out of California, of all the science and culture-forsaken places...To steal my rightful dibs on the new chick.

Wait..."Kripke"...Of course...That fellow in plasma physics Stein mentioned last year in his seminar class. He said he expected him to win the Maxwell this year.

Well, thank God he's not as young as all that...Though I thought...

Hmmn, perhaps all that golden sunlight ages the skin to leather...

In any case, annoying...But one classically trained, at Cavendish, no less, Brit physicist can surely best two foolhardy barbarians of the Yank persuasion in the Art of Seduction.

Bernie Kim from his seat eyeing Kripke as well...

"We've got to get that program...And I can pay...Or rather the employees of my dad's factories can pay...Any price for it." He hissed.

"So long as you're fronting the cash, old pal, I'm all for it." Harvey Lectensten noted. "Just be patient though and wait till the class ends...We butter up the guest a bit, then make the offer."

"Ok...But don't let him slip out on us."

"Sure...But you do realize even such a magnificent contribution to the Seducer's lexicon is no guarantor of success?"

"We've struck out eighty times in twenty nights a piece...And I'm not getting any younger...Or thinner...Or more muscular..." Kim noted. "I'll take anything that might help at this point. God, if only I were one of the Kims on the other side of the DMZ...I could, if I weren't fed by my relatives to lions or sharks, have a passel of goons here, willing to do anything for me...Or else."

"Last time I checked you had a passel of goons..."

"Eh, just bodyguards my dad hired...And none of them willing to break US law to please me. Too much to live for. And me, unable to threaten their families or anything these days. Oh, for the good old days when even the South was a military dictatorship." Dennis sighed. "Chicks by the score, no problem...So long as they were cleared by my guards for weapons and suicide devices."

"Sure...The good ole days...Like back at Auschwitz."

"Ok, ok...I accept the dawn of human rights in my native land. God bless Abe Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, and JFK. But..."

"With your dough..."

"...Please...Would I want a girl, unless a really aces prostitute or 'escort' that way?"

"You'd threaten them with your goons but buying them is unromantic?" Harvey grinned.

"Exactly."