"The X-Advisors..." Part LXIII...

"The X-Advisors..."

Summary: Like my Immortal Beloved bits in my Buffyverse stories, these are fragments and short bits, some longer...Just to fiddle with ideas, possibly forming longer tales later.

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part LXIII...

Dr. Stein's office...Department of Physics...

"So, Cooper? You and Miss Smith had a question about the lecture?" Stein eyed young Sheldon, then Amy/"Penelope".

"Uh, yes...If it's not imposing." Sheldon, a bit carefully. "Didn't you know had guests, sir."

"Ah, quite all right, Cooper." Younger Xavier beamed. "What class was it?"

"Applied Quantum..." Stein noted.

"Oh, no...My sympathies to you both." Xavier grinned. "Though I suppose you had little trouble, Mr. Cooper?"

"No, just had one question on the thermodynamic theory..." Sheldon offered.

"But it can wait...Very nice to meet you, sir." Amy, hastily. "Come on, Sheldon. You were going to give me your notes from class before my next one and I'd best be rushin'."

Young Sheldon blinking at her...She, urgent glance to door.

But...

"And we shouldn't bother Dr. Stein when he's so busy...Maybe we can meet to discuss it later, sir?" she turned to Francis who nodded.

"Certainly."

"Well, count me in on that discussion too, Miss Smith." Xavier smiled at her. "I may just be an experimental jockey but I like a good tussle with theory."

"Absolutely...C'mon on Sheldon. Oh, hello Dr. Fowler-Horowitz, see you in class...Later." Amy, jerking a hapless Sheldon along to the door...

"And wasn't there someone else with you?" Dr. Francis the younger called merrily.

"Oh, that's Dr. Kripke, Dr. Stein's guest. He was waiting outside with us. I'll tell him you're busy. See ya. Bye!" Amy waved, pulling Sheldon out the door and closing.

"Nice girl..." Xavier grinned at Stein. "One of your new students, eh? My complements, things are picking up in the Physics field, Creator." Shrewd wry grin.

"She's a promising candidate..." Stein nodded.

"Very, indeed." Xavier, impish look. "Tell me, is she by any chance a 'Star Trek' fan? All the young ladies back home compare me to that Patrick Stewart guy, Picard." Wink.

"I'm not sure that she is..."

"Now there's a pity. My one edge over you with the younger set. And your student too, Maggie?" Xavier eyed Dr. Fowler-Horowitz.

"Oh, yes...Quite a fine one, too."

"Well, I must get to know this prodigy." Dr. Francis grinned. "Oh, but who is this 'Kripke' waiting for you? Shall I tell him to come in?"

"In a moment...Lets have an instant to ourselves before the daily grind resumes, since we're so fortunate to all meet at once." Stein noted pleasantly.

"Well, at least let me tell the poor fellow you can see him in a moment." Xavier went to the door, opening. "Oh, Dr. Kripke? Yes. Dr. Stein will be free in just a few minutes if you'd care to wait for him. Excellent." He closed door.

"Kripke? Isn't that the plasma whiz kid you were going to try to get for your group, Francis? The Marshall candidate? Damn...Our plasma lab had its eye on him too. Is he lost to us?"