"The X-Advisors..." Part XXXVII...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XXXVII...

"Oh, raven-haired locks on white pale skin, flowing like a river...Oh firm and solid chin jutting like some prow of a great battleship. Oh, warm brown pools of delight sparkling in the early morning sunlight...Firm, yet ample bust..."

"Oh...Oh...Sheldon...Oh...Oh my God! Sheldon?" Amy stared at young Sheldon, dressed in his usual plaid shirt and pants, with bow tie, declaiming to her...As she lay in chair, hair askew, blouse a bit undone...

Oh, by adult Sheldon in kissing me good night, last night...Oh, thank God.

"You inspired me, my love and future soulmate." Young Sheldon noted.

"Where's..." she looked about for rescue...

"He...Is in the bathroom. Admirably enough, adhering to a strict defecation schedule." slight sniff.

"Sheldon...Now. We have to talk." Amy sighed.

"Certainly, my love. Anything. But before you begin on what I assume will be a long discourse on how and why I should try to repress my passionate feelings for you, need I point out that I, being roughly twenty years younger than that rather lanky drink of water, my counterpart, would provide an extra twenty years of efficient sexual potency to what now remains to...Him."

"Sheldon..." Amy beamed. "You know, that's one of the nicest if somewhat bizarre proposals you've ever made to me. Only your wedding proposal and your declaration of your love for me top it. Really...But..."

"But...I'm twelve." Young Sheldon sighed.

"You're twelve...Admittedly a surprising twelve. And he's the Sheldon I grew to love. As are you..." she added hastily to his downcast features.

"And believe me, I am impressed by this display..." smile.

"He lacks passion. I could tell. Life must have killed it in me. Very sad." Sheldon shook head. "But like the cloned fellow in that classic 'Outer Limits' episode or 'Thomas' Riker in Star Trek, I can change that past. I can be a better Sheldon, not to mention that the twenty years younger thing will come in handy in twenty or forty years."

God...Amy sighed. I thought I had problems what with saving the world, losing my friends and family, and possibly being stranded twenty years out of my time...I never thought I'd have to shoot my beloved down, sort of.

"Sheldon, I love you...You know that. I always have. I always will. But if I were to go with you, I'd be betraying you both. Right?"

"The point had crossed my mind."

"And you have won me already...You know that." She smiled.

"Yes...I guess. But he's such a lame fellow. I had hoped to be...More. By his time." Sheldon shook head. "Does he really make you happy?"

"Blissfully. It was a struggle but...I loved the struggle. And if I were to start over with you, you knowing from the start..."

"I wouldn't let you down...I'd never..." he noted, hastily.

"I know..." Amy nodded. "But I'd lose something very precious...All the years I spent loving you and feeling you fall in love with me, even despite..."

"My lameness...Oh, dear." Sigh. "I've spoilt it for you, now."

"Certainly not." Amy shook head.

"But that's what you wanted to talk to Sheldon about last night, isn't it? Before you chose to wait given he remembered Mr. Pai's wonderful tangerine chicken had one serious drawback and spent two hours in the bathroom. I know now. I know we are meant for each other. I know you're here, now, your other self, looking for me."