"The X-Advisors..." Part XX...

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XX...

Love of my life, beautiful one, sweet angel of my soul, I die with each breath that pauses, Penny thought, staring at Leonard sleeping peacefully beside her. Oh, God, don't take him from me, or let me die with him, this good, good, gentle man...I'm not afraid to go, so long as I have Leonard to speak for me. He'll vouch me into Heaven, I know it. Wan grin...

But oh...Give me my chance to make him happy...He's had so little happiness in his life and yet he cares so much for everyone. Hell, he put up with and saved Sheldon Cooper, saved him from a life of loneliness and God knows what else...Supervillainy, maybe? For that alone Leonard deserves sainthood.

Don't let me get too crazy with him...Help me, God, I'm not very smart...Help me find the right balance of watching over him like a hawk and letting him be my hobbity lil' hero. My brilliant and radiant genius in shining armor, guardian of all our hearts... Oh, if I could find the words to say how I feel about him...My joy, my sweet poptart...

Thank you, thank you for sending him to me...But don't take the gift away so soon.

"Penny?" he opened his eyes, looking over.

"Hey..." gentle smile.

"It's four-forty." He eyed the clock on the bedside table. "How long have you been up?" he eyed her.

"Me? You kidding...Barely five minutes." She lied.

"Something tells me, besides the dark circles, you were up all night watching." He frowned at her.

"Me, nah...I mean, sure I was up for a bit...Pretty exciting time and I wasn't the one full of drugs, for once..." wan grin.

"Well, as you see, I'm still here, Mrs. H." smile.

"Thank God..." she suddenly sobbed, grabbing at him and burying her head in his chest.

"Oh, Penelope...Sweetie..." he stroked her back as she shook. "I'm so sorry you worried like this...Honey..."

She looked up, tears running... "Thanks for not dying..." wan smile... Then, determined look. "Leonard. You are gonna teach me everything there is about this asthma...Whatever makes you allergic or whatever, goes...I wanna know everything about it, no matter how long it takes to learn. I'll even let Sheldon teach me if he knows more about it."

"God, I am loved." He beamed at her.

"You betcha...And I mean it about teaching me. And about getting rid of anything that makes you worse...Even...My shoes."

"Now you're gonna make me cry, for joy..." he smiled. "But you know some experts do say, it may be better for people to be exposed to the things that affect them rather than try to eliminate them...Builds resistance. There, first lesson." He grinned. Eyeing her as she rolled over and went to the sleeping couch where her purse sat, fumbling and pulling out a pen and a piece of torn paper, then writing.

"Are you taking notes?"

"I am not kidding here, Hofstadter." She eyed him briefly, then continued writing hurriedly. "Ok, got it." She put the scrap back. "I should get one of those little digital recorders...Sheldon can probably help me find a good one."

"C'mere, you." Leonard held out arms from where he now sat up on the bed. She hurrying over with grin.

"Mr. Hofstadter...Pardon me, Dr. Hofstadter."

"Mrs. Hofstadter. And if you keep going like this, I can see it'll be Dr. Hofstadter too, in a few years."

"You never know." She smiled, climbing in beside him. "Love made Sheldon Cooper human, it might even make me..."

"Penny." He shook head. "You are the wisest person I know and that's not to get you into bed. I don't have to anymore, we're married."

"No, now you just have to say, 'yes, dear'. But, you know..." sly grin. "...Awful as our breakups were, it might be nice to every once in a while have one of us have to work for it. Keep the juices going, you know."

He stared. "You mean I'll have to go through all the stuff I did to get you back each time..."

"And me too...Hey..." she frowned. "I was doing stuff, you know...Spyin' on Prya, tearin' my heart out every minute after we broke up the last time...Tryin' to figure out how to kill Wil Wheaton and make it look like an accident."

"You were...?" he blinked.

"You don't mess with a Nebraska girl's love life and walk away." She noted solemnly. "Luck for him, it was mostly my fault...And he made up with Sheldon..."

"Well, lucky for him."

"Yeah...Some mysterious person warned him that if he didn't some crazy psycho whose relationship he'd messed up just to get at Sheldon would be paying him a lot of calls."

"Really? You threatened Wesley Crusher?" he grinned.

"'Put this right, Mr. Crusher...Make it so or else.'" She affected a Picardian accent.

"I did think he seem to be avoiding you for a while." Grin. "Now, hows about actually sleeping together for a bit? Before we enjoy a wonderful hospital breakfast and see if we can get the heck out of this luxury suite. Penny?" he eyed her as she snored loudly.

"Soft kitty...Warm kitty...Little ball of fur..." he sang in gentle whisper...Stroking her hair gently.

Urrrrrrrrppppp...She gave a sleeping belch...

"See. We are perfect for each other." He whispered, grinning. "Our kids will be smart, beautiful, and have digestive trouble."

...

"...Happy kitty, sleepy kitty...Purr, purr, purr..." Sheldon intoned, stroking the back of the sleeping, beautifully peaceful Amy lying next to him.

"Thank you for stalking me since I was 11, Amy Farrah Fowler...You saved my life in college and you've saved it now. Smartest thing I ever did in my life was to say hello to your poor sister." He whispered, watching her sleep. He lay back... "Thanks Meemaw for taking me on that train...Where I met the love of my life. And you were right...There was a girl for me who made it all fit...You and that gypsy of Penny's."

He looked back at Amy...Carefully noting.

Yes. He lay back.

This is my spot. He patted the bed.

Next to my beloved...

Hmmn...He looked over to the clock on the bedside table.

Time for Dr. Who in twenty minutes... Better get the cereal on stand-by.

He slipped gently out of the covers, pausing as he stood up.

Hmmn...What is the social protocol here? Should I kiss her and risk waking her? Of course Daddy would say to wake her up with a good ole fashioned Texas Good Morning...expletitive...And tell her to get breakfast on the table.

Hmmn...

I would like tea with my cereal. And Amy is the only person besides me who can make tea well.

Still, she was awfully tired...All that excitement...And before the sex, all that other excitement...

"Leonard..." he hissed into his phone... "Good, you're not dead...I have a question. Really? You knew I'd be calling...? Yes, it is about what to do about Amy and Dr. Who...How'd you guess that? What? I should what, first...?"

"He's saying...First, get out..." Amy groaned from the bed.