✿11

"Kai? But how?" Beomgyu is looking at him as if he saw a ghost.

"How is it possible that you became a grim reaper? Kai, you're still alive, and your body is in the hospital!" He said, holding the younger on both of his shoulders.

"I'm already dead, and Soobin has to let go. He has to let go of the false hopes, and so do I. I will depart in this world without any pain and drama, unlike what you are doing!" Kai said, looking at him coldly.

"Circumstances make a person change because we have no choice but to accept it. My boyfriend, I mean Soobin will suffer more if I show up to him again. In the end, it's still the same. I will leave him alone in this world."

Beomgyu looks puzzled and hurt, thinking about two possibilities. Kai who's in a coma, is really dead, and the life support machine is what makes him live in the hospital, or Kai could be in denial of the fact that he is still alive because of his fate as a grim reaper.

Beomgyu feels hurt not just for Yeonjun but also for his best friend. Soobin has the same situation as him, but Soobin is clueless about what is really happening.

"How could you be like that when Soobin never gives up on you. I thought you won't give up just like what he is doing. Why do the people that I cherish have to experience this situation?" Sadness is the emotion that Beomgyu felt at that moment.

"What do I need to know? Tell me everything so that I can help out with your situation and Yeonjun's. Can you please let me know about the world that you have now, Kai? Maybe we can do something for you to be able to reunite with Soobin!" Beomgyu tried to convince himself that there's still a way for Kai to come back.

"Do you take the God of Death as a joke?! Just when did you become so reckless like that? It looks like you're even willing to sell your soul to the demon! There's no escape to this kind of fate and I am already dead since that accident. Soobin has to accept the fact that we are not meant to be until the end! After all, you're just a human, so you have to fucking listen to me Beomgyu!" Kai said with a conviction.

Beomgyu remains unbothered, a part of him won't believe that the God of Death that Kai is talking about can't do that. "As far as I know, the God of Death is not a devil or a demon that can be evil and ruthless. Deities of death in mythologies are portrayed as evil, but they are not! That God might be justifiable and he can't punish a good person like Yeonjun!"

"Don't talk like you already know Him! I'm telling you the God is Death is horrifying, and rules are rules! Stay away from Yeonjun while the God of Death is not acting on his own to punish Yeonjun!" Kai yelled at him. Anger is slowly rising in his system because of Beomgyu's stubbornness. He never thought that despite telling the truth to Beomgyu, he still doesn't give up.

Beomgyu's eyes widened, still can't process the fact that Yeonjun is in danger because of love. The love that Yeonjun deserves to experience, even just for once. "I'm sorry, I can't do that." He muttered.

Kai grips Beomgyu's collar, pulling him close to his face. "I didn't expect that you are that selfish and foolish for love! Let's see how far you can hold on if misfortunes started to come on your way! You will realize that I am only doing what is right, and Soobin is out of danger, unlike you who is a living disaster! Don't blame me for not warning you, and when something terrible happened to Yeonjun, then it is all your fault! Regret is always at the end!"