✿45

"W-What am I seeing? Am I dreaming?" Soobin is staring at his boyfriend from head to toe, blinking his face. Not until he realizes something based on the presence and the outfit of his boyfriend.

There's a short moment of silence that made Beomgyu feel afraid for what's going to happen.

Kai looks different, and his eyes look cold and mean. Soobin can't help but shed tears from seeing his boyfriend in this form. "So, t-this explains my weird fascination to grim reapers because aside from Yeonjun, you're also a grim reaper! W-why didn't you showed up to me, not even once?"

Compared to Beomgyu, who's still in a state of shock, Kai was able to contain himself as he wears a placid expression.

"From your conversation a while ago, you must have known all about these a long time ago, right, Beomgyu?" Soobin looked at his best friend with a pained expression.

"I'm sorry for keeping secrets from you," Beomgyu feels upset about the unexpected reunion.

"Yeonjun-hyung did his best to help me not to show up, but it still happened. Now listen to me because I'm going to say it only for once." Kai is now looking at his boyfriend with a serious expression.

"Live life without me, and forget about me because I'm dead. Let's break up, Soobin." Kai straightforwardly said, without any traces of sadness in his voice.

"What the fuck are you doing?! You don't have the right to hurt my best friend!" It's Beomgyu's first time to feel mad at Kai for real.

"Shut the fuck up, dummy! I know what I'm doing, unlike you!" Kai shouted, glaring at Beomgyu.

"N-no! I understand that you are only doing this for me! I understand because I know how much you love me. I do understand you!" Soobin did his best to convince himself that Kai's love never changed.

"You're wrong because you will never understand. I'm telling you, go and love someone else, and I don't care about it anymore. Take this as my farewell message, and you're free now, Soobin." Kai flatly said, walking away without looking and turning back.

Soobin has no urge to run towards his boyfriend to stop him. His knees gave up, and he started sobbing. Beomgyu knows that the same thing can happen to him and Yeonjun. It hurts him more than his best friend is in the same situation with him because their boyfriends are grim reapers.

Beomgyu went to his best friend, giving him a warm hug even if he feels scared. His best friend could be mad at him for keeping secrets. "I'm so sorry for hiding a secret from you."

He is surprised when Soobin hugged him back. "I'm not mad at you because I understand your intention. Thank you for protecting me and for being with me." Soobin sobbed harder on his friend's shoulder.

"I only want what's the best for you. I can feel that there's still a chance for both of you," Beomgyu wiped the tears on his cheeks. He is aware that Soobin had more chances of being with his boyfriend again.