✿55

Standing there with his shaking knees won't help him, and his instinct told him to bang the windows to catch the attention of any people in the street. "Help! Please help me! Please!"

People looked at him in confusion, but the bus is fast enough not to be caught up to anyone. Mr. Park turned the vehicle into an isolated route that made Beomgyu feel more helpless. He tried to kick the windows, but it is hard to break. He keeps on trying until it made the murderer irritated.

Mr. Park stood up from the driver's seat, walking towards Beomgyu while grabbing a pistol from his pocket. Beomgyu's fear doubled when he realizes that the bus could crash anywhere because nobody is driving. He badly wanted to jump out of the bus, and his shaky hands grabbed the tumbler on his bag to throw it at the window.

"No one can help you!" Mr. Park grabbed his wrist.

"Stay away from me, or I will call the Police?" Beomgyu yelled while panicking on breaking free from the man's grip.

"As if they will be here in an instant. I'm sure that you're already a cold corpse." Mr. Park could almost crush Beomgyu's wrist from his strength, and it hurts a lot for the boy.

The bus hits hard on the tree, and the impact made the windows shatter. Mr. Park fell straight on the chair, face-first that causes him to pass out. While Beomgyu fell on the floor and he's still conscious. He winces as he felt a sting from the tiny scratches on his arms. He tried to kick Mr. Park to see if he's awake. The man lets out a groan, and Beomgyu started to feel the familiar fear again. He decided to use that chance to run away from the murderer.

Beomgyu hurriedly left the wrecked bus, and he is in an unfamiliar place, full of trees as a forest. He can't see any houses nearby, and his instinct is just telling him to run away as far as possible. The forest could be full of lurking animals, but being chased by the murderer is worse. Beomgyu's shaking fingers dialed Soobin using his phone that has a crack. It's a good thing that his phone still works, and Soobin immediately picked up the call.

"What is taking you so long Gyu?"

"I rode an empty bus, and then I saw the news. I'm about to get off the bus just to find out that Secretary Park is driving it, and he is going to kill me!" Beomgyu said, panting hard.

"Choi Beomgyu!" The murderer's scream sounds like a roar, and the sound of the shot gut intensifies his fear. He ran faster even if he's tired.

"Where are you now? Please get away as far as you can, and I'm going to save you!" Soobin frantically said, and his voice sounds like he is going to cry.

"If this is how I'm going to die, and if this is what is destined to happen, then nothing can stop it! I won't risk your safety just to save me from this frightening situation! I'm sorry Soobin! I'm scared, and I'm going to die alone. I'm so scared! I'm running away because I still wanted to live!" Beomgyu's eyes are blurred from the hot tears spilling on his face, and his shaky breath is audible on his last call with his best friend. His chest is hurting from the constant fast heartbeat caused by the intense wave of fear and adrenaline.