Special Chapter: New Beginning

Taehyun best boy! :)

_______________

"The prosecution has presented real evidence to show that the crime is true. The jury finds the defendants, Kang Taehee, Kang Taeyang, and Park Seojoon guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt."

The sounds of cheer and clap from people bring a mixed emotion to Taehyun, who is about to live by himself. He had to postpone his flight and studies to attend his parents' trial until the case is over.

Once they reached the city jail, Taehyun went behind his parents for the last chance to talk to them. "Excuse me, Sir, can I talk to them before bringing them to the prison?"

The guards left to give them some privacy. Taehyun could feel the heavy atmosphere and the intensity of the glare from his angry parents.

Mr. Kang punched the table in anger and frustration. "I should have killed you in the first place when you keep on being a failure to us! You are a big disgrace to this family, and I'm pretty sure that your brother will never forgive you!"

"My biggest mistake is giving birth to a traitor like you! You should've never been born at all! Don't ever fucking show your fucking face here because we only have one son! Taemin is our one and only son who is now dead!" His mother rudely pointed his fingers to his forehead.

Taehyun exhaled sharply before speaking. "I don't owe an apology to anyone for spilling the truth. As if I will show up again, you are both the worst parents in this world! Starting today, I'm not Kang Taehyun, the heir from a wealthy family! I'm not the same boy who is living in the shadows of my family's achievements and so-called legacy! I will live as myself, and I will make my own name." He made eye contact with his parents before leaving. Taehyun felt sunken feeling as if his parents died and he will never see them again. He will never forget his trauma from his parents, but he has to live and come back as a strong man. His past and fear will always be a part of him, and his past mistakes will never define him as a person

Living alone with his bittersweet memories with his family hurts him. At least, it's better than doing horrible things with them and tolerating their evil actions. Taehyun drove his car away with a gloomy expression.

The company is now sold to one of its largest shareholders, and Taehyun did anything to assure that the employees in their company will not end up jobless. He recommended everyone to other companies who can treat the employees better. Taehyun sold his properties to his relatives because the ranches, townhouses, and mansions are too big for Taehyun. He wanted to start again and buy his own, simple house.

All of his belongings and suitcases are in his car. Tomorrow is his flight to the USA for his studies, and he went to his last stop before leaving the city. Taehyun spent his entire day on the school rooftop, where he saw visions of Taemin's plan to set up Yeonjun.

Starting a new life will never be easy, and he has to adjust to the new lifestyle and environment. Taehyun feels empty and lonely now that he cut ties with his parents. He has to live now as someone without a family that brings tears to his eyes.