✿39

Taehyun follows him from behind, watching how Yeonjun cooks breakfast like he's used to it. "Fine, you can watch me so that you won't think that I will poison you. Sit down, and you can tell me if you still feel unwell." Yeonjun said without looking at him.

Taehyun remained silent as he keeps on staring at him. He can't help but reminisce about his brother, the last person who cooked for him. His thoughts were interrupted by the loud ring from the bedroom. It is a familiar ringtone from Taehyun's cellphone, and he went to the room to answer his phone.

He answered the call as he went outside so that Yeonjun won't hear anything.

"What are you doing in your life? The guards told us that you're gone to the mansion since yesterday!"

Taehyun knows that his mother is mad, but a part of him felt happy that she is worried.

"Don't worry about me, I'm ok n-"

"Your grades are reportedly dropping, and you're ditching the special training from Secretary Park! Are you really rebelling against us, you miserable loser!" She shouted.

Taehyun frowned upon realizing that his hopes weren't real. He is living this way, and he's losing hope for the chance that his parents will love him and treat him better. A part of him wishes that no one could have seen him yesterday so that he would die next to the grave of his brother.

He is tired of living without getting the love and acceptance that he wanted. His eyes started stinging from the tears, and his chest feels heavy.

"I thought you called me because of worrying if I'm alive or not. You are all looking down on me, then look for someone who can be a better puppet than me! You don't care about me after all, so fuck off!" He yelled, covering his mouth to muffle his shaky breath.

"Perhaps, did that Choi fucking Beomgyu brainwashed you?! Should I throw a bomb to his filthy house to get you back? You can never get away from us, you incompetent asshole!" Mrs. Kang's voice is too loud.

"We're not friends anymore, so shut the fuck up! I'm tired of all bullshits! I'd rather come back as a corpse than to stay alive just to be humiliated forever!"

"Do you think that you can threaten me? I know how coward you are!"

Taehyun is about to throw away his phone when Yeonjun can't stop himself from snatching the phone away from Taehyun.

"Now I know where the late COO Kang Taemin got his attitude. It's obvious from his immoral mother. I wonder how it feels like for the great CEO Kang Taehee to lose her last son. Oh, I mean your last pawn." Yeonjun's voice is full of sarcasm that surprises Taehyun.

"Who the hell is this?! Did you kidnap my son?! Bring him back here, or else I will o-"

"Order someone to kill me? Oh please, I already died from the hands of your dead son! You sounded so stupid for an upright businesswoman that I expected!" He lets out a chuckle that sent shivers to Taehyun.

"Are you crazy?! You must be a lunatic man who wants to take down my company by using my son! Do you want to experience how ruthless I am?!" She yelled as her hands started shaking.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Yeonjun laughed with his deep, full voice that is still full of sarcasm. Taehyun looks tensed from seeing this side of Yeonjun.

"Listen carefully to what I'm going to say and use your head to get my point. Your late son was dead a long time ago, he is dying inside, and your youngest son could experience the same. If he died, then it's all your fault. Your lovely pawns died because of you, and it will haunt you forever!"

"Lunatic! Shut the hell up!"

"You can't take any of your beloved money and fame in hell, and you can't keep your darkest secrets forever! Do you know what happens when a soul left a human body? You will know the answer once you die!"

A loud yell was heard before the call dropped.

"I never expected that your old hag can entertain me!" Yeonjun returned the phone, wearing an amused smile that made Taehyun look away from him.

"If they make you suffer more, then I won't hesitate to intervene in your family matters, and I will bring them down. I won't let you end up like what happened to your brother." He can't deny that a part of him cares for the younger. He can't blame Taehyun for having that kind of family.

"What have I done to make you feel concerned for me? I bullied you! I attempted to kill you, right? You should make fun of me for witnessing how pathetic I am in the eyes of my parents! You should be celebrating for seeing what kind of miserable life I have. You also have a lot of chances to take revenge for what I have done to you. Why are you doing this? Why are you defending me to my mother, like what Taemin-hyung used to do when he is alive?" Taehyun looks at Yeonjun with disbelief, and his vision is fuzzy from the tears that are about to fall.

"I'm different, and I know how to use my mind and emotions. My experiences made me learn a lot. I know that seeking revenge on you will do no good. You need to grow up while it's not too late for you." Yeonjun said without any pity in his eyes.

Plenty of thoughts and realizations come on Taehyun's mind that made him cry. He covered his face from embarrassment for crying in front of Yeonjun.

"We will eat later, so come to the dining room. You should not skip your breakfast, Taehyun-ah." Yeonjun ruffled his blonde hair before going back to the kitchen to continue what he was doing.

He lets Taehyun have some privacy to cry alone because he knows that the younger never wanted to break down in front of him.

.............