✿47

After 20 minutes, he ran inside the hospital and rushed to Kai's room. A familiar person is also running towards them.

Loud footsteps are coming closer to them, revealing Yeonjun, holding the plushies that Kai left behind. "What's happening? He peacefully left, and I'm hoping that he is back." He feels down when he saw the pained and sad expression of the two best friends.

"He is dying! It's his last day as a grim reaper, isn't it? Does it mean that it's also his last day in this realm?" Beomgyu asked.

Meanwhile, Soobin keeps on looking at the plushies that Yeonjun has dropped from shock. "That belongs to him, isn't it?" Soobin knows his boyfriend's favorite plushies.

"Yeah, it's yours now. Kai said that he is sorry for what he did. He told me to give this to you." Yeonjun lends the plushies to Soobin, who began tearing up.

"I know that he hurt me for the sake of his responsibility. For that, I'm hoping that he could still live!" Soobin keeps on staring at the plushies, and he could reminisce a lot of good memories about his boyfriend.

Kai was comfortable sharing his favorite things with him. Kai's shining eyes every time that he sees adorable plushies. He will miss everything to him, his expressive eyes, and his mesmerizing smile, even for the simplest moments. Kai is too kind, simple, and innocent to hurt anyone's feelings, and Soobin could recall the times that Kai made him feel the butterflies in his stomach. The thought of losing his first love hurts a lot.

"His mission might be done already, and he didn't abide anything, so he has to live! Why do they have to take away his life? He doesn't deserve any of this!" Soobin shakes his head, pulling his hair in frustration.

Yeonjun feels sorry if ever his gut feeling of Kai's happy ending with Soobin turns out to be a false hope. Beomgyu can't help but shed tears when he saw how hurt his best friend is. "He will come back! He is not dead!" Soobin yelled, and he cried harder.

Beomgyu kneeled in front of his best friend, hugging him as he can't do anything to comfort his grief. "I'm so sorry," Beomgyu hugged him as he let Soobin cry on his shoulder.

The sound of Soobin's sobs is painful to hear, and he knows that his best friend will be more than broken once destiny ended his life. He feels more than sorry to not be able to stay on Soobin's side forever.

Yeonjun could imagine that Beomgyu will react the same once Yeonjun left this world. He won't let Beomgyu die, but he has to sacrifice himself for that, and he can't control it.

Deep down, Soobin's words are also accurate for Yeonjun's situation, and it made Beomgyu cry silently with his best friend. Beomgyu felt a hand on his hand, and he saw that Yeonjun joins the hug, forming a group hug.

They waited, and later on, Beomgyu helped his friend to sit on the chair. They all stood up when the doctor came out.

"He is really a strong kid, isn't he? He miraculously survived, and when we tried to remove his life support machine, we found out that he could breathe now." The doctor said with a teary-eyes.