Chapter Two : a voicemail

Paige

~ Two Days Before ~

I arrived at the airport later than I needed to be and I rushed inside to find my family already waving her goodbye as she passed security, everyone was crying and sad to see her go but I was relieved. I wouldn't have to listen to her talk about Connor, someone who was mine before he was ever hers. I did wonder if she left him, if she broke his heart.

My mom came towards me and wrapped her arms around me as she cried, "Oh Paige," she wailed into my shoulder, "please don't go far away like your sister. I can't take another one of my babys flying the coop," she hugged me tight.

"Mom, you don't have to worry about that for another year," I responded in her grasp.

"Oh I know, it's just," she sniffled, "losing you would be so scary, the world is so big and scary when you first start out alone," she mentioned making me wonder if my mom was trying to make me scared to leave.

"Crystal darling, now is not the time to scare anyone. Lets go guys. Sorry that you didn't get to say goodbye to your sister, her plane was going to take off. She said she'd call when she gets there to talk to you. Something about needing to talk to you," my dad looked at me wondering if I understood and I was just as lost as he was.

"No idea, but okay," I nodded.

"What took you so long anyways?" Malcolm asked carrying a very tired Nora as we walked to the exit.

"My SAT test was this morning, I planned for it early so I have the day off when everyone else in the school does it," I looked at him expecting him to understand.

"And if you don't like your test result?" he looked at me expecting me to say I'd take it and I would.

"Then I don't have the day off,"I shrugged my shoulders wondering what he was thinking I was going to say to him.

"Huh then you might have just wasted time, or maybe you didn't really want to be here when Kayla was leaving," Malcolm looked at me expecting me to spill on why I disliked her so much.

"That would be selfish of me to do that to her Malcolm and you know it. I love Kayla, she does her best at being a sister," but not as much as I try to be both a sister and a friend.

"Both you and Kayla have been at each other's throats since she started to date Connor. You gave her the go to date him did you not?" Malcolm walked to the kids car with me while buckling Nora in her seat.

"I did, but," I almost explained myself but shook my head, I didn't want anyone knowing I love Connor and it hurt like hell watching him fall for Kayla. I felt embarrassed to know that I would've humiliated myself to try to be with someone who always will see me as a sister let alone a best friend once upon a time, "it doesn't matter what I even thought. They both are able to make their own decisions and leave me out of it."

"What are you not telling me, I'm your twin Paige, I can sense when you're not saying what you need to."

"I don't know, I told you the truth Malcolm," or a fraction of it.

"We never lie to each other right?" he looked at me and I nodded.

"Right," and I wasn't lying when I nodded, I told the truth but it wasn't the full truth.

"Somethings not right Paige, and I'm going to find out what it is," he threated but I knew that he wouldn't look into it, this was all talk to get me to talk but I wasn't stupid.

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥