Chapter Thirty-Two : that's the problem, it's you

Parker

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! A public place to have her trapped in my arms. It took me until Madi brought it up, she tensed up when the subject was brought up and I saw the debate in her eyes, the fear of finally admitting it. And to be too drunk to, barely remembering any of it, I mean I barely do but I still do.

"Can I have some?" Nora asked sitting on the stool as Paige was upstairs changing into comfortable clothes.

I looked at the steps to see if Paige had appeared before putting some popcorn in a bowl for Nora for if she had to run into the other room.

"Don't tell," I pointed and she shook her head.

"I would never," she giggled shoving some in her mouth, she must have learned that from Paige, she used to do that when we were young.

I heard something slam and I looked at Nora who looked surprised and then a scream, I ran upstairs to find Paige with sweats and a bra standing on her bed and aiming a pillow at her floor.

"Paige, what the hell happened?" I asked, trying to understand everything.

She looked up and then covered the top of herself with the very pillow she was holding, "Parker!"

"Are you alright?" I stepped into her room more holding out my hand for her to take to get down.

"I saw a mouse in my closet, I tripped over my lamp cord and it fell off my desk and shattered and the mouse ran under my shirt," her hands shook as she pointed, "I was about to put it on too."

"Okay, let's make a deal," I looked at her and she looked terrified.

"A deal? What deal?"

"I get the mouse and you talk to me, and I'm talking about you entrust me with whatever is keeping you from being who you were before."

"What no! That's crazy!"

"Alright then, I'll leave you and the mouse alone give you guys time to bound," I started towards the door and Paige threw her pillow at me.

"Okay! Okay deal!"

I turned around and smiled before throwing her the pillow back knowing that she liked privacy.

I held out my pinky and she looked at it.

"To make it official," I stared into her eyes and she hesitated before taking it, "no lying to me now."

"A promise is a promise," she muttered.

"Empty that and hand it to me please," I motioned for the small bucket she had with pens placed in it.

She did so as her hands shook when she handed it to me.

I slowly lifted up the shirt to find nothing under it, I even shook the shirt a little and there was nothing. Paige screamed though, she was not a fan of mice apparently.

"Paige there's nothing," I looked at her and she quieted down.

"I swear, here sit on my bed, it'll come out," she pulled me onto her bed and it put ideas that shouldn't be there.

"Paige, Nora's downstairs we don't have time to be sitting ducks," I commented.

"Shhhh," she sat down next to me holding the pillow close to her.

"Do you want your shirt?" I asked and she shook her head.

"It was on it, I know it was," she then looked around her room.