Chapter Thirty-One : three days

Paige

~ Two Weeks Later ~

Three days into Parker coming over to try to get me to talk about anything I told him I needed my space, and that it was just because of what Kayla had did but it's because we slept together and I couldn't remember a damn thing, but all I know is I woke up confused but drawn to Parker. What makes matters worse is I remember hearing I'm falling in love with you. I just can't remember who said it. There were a lot of unknowns, I wasn't even sure of what Parker remembered, if he remembered anything at all.

We played the couple and no one noticed any changes but I did. I noticed that I hold onto his hand a little longer than I once did, that I find myself looking in his direction when he's not speaking or looking back at me, I'm learning his different tones in his voice and his emotions. How he drives in the snow versus clear roads. I notice that I think about him when he's not even around. I noticed that when he's not around how I miss him. I noticed how much I've changed.

"Paige," Malcolm caught my attention again after staring at the line where Parker was standing and talking to Mateo, "were you even listening?"

"No, sorry can you repeat it one more time," I focused back on Malcolm.

"Scary movie night is tonight, can Parker and you stop by the grocery store after school?"

"Why can't you? I have things I have to do after school," I sat back in my seat.

"Like what? Do not think I don't notice Parker and you spending time outside of school, he comes over to see you and yet you shut him out. How many more damn times are you going to make him play dolls with Nora waiting for you to come downstairs. He's not going to wait around forever you know, if Haylee couldn't make him stay again what makes you think he's going to stick around for you," Malcolm commented.

"Damn didn't have to be too hard on her," Mason was next to me, "but hun he's got a point, Parker's sweet for letting you have time but you pushing him out is making other opportunities open up and all he has to do is break up with you," I looked over at Parker and girls in front of him were flirting hard core, "and I know you'll hurt because I've seen you look at him differently since the party so feelings are changing for you," Mason said in a lower voice.

I pushed my food away from me feeling sick to my stomach, feelings confused me.

"Here he comes," Mason muttered then going back to talking to one of the cheerleaders that Noah had for arm candy at the moment.

"Parker what do you think if you and Paige get the snacks for scary movie night?" Malcolm asked out loud.

"I don't see why not, just give us a list," Parker then looked at me. I felt his eyes on me and I felt my face burn red.

"I have to," come on Paige, think of something and excuse, anything!

"Ran out of excuses?" Madi appeared out of nowhere and sat next to Malcolm for stealing a fry from his plate.

When the hell did this happen? I looked at Parker but he looked more concerned for my well being.

"Your cheeks are red, are you feeling okay?" he moved the back of his hands against my cheeks and I didn't know how to explain that to him.

"Yeah," I nodded before pulling my eyes away from him, "what are you doing here Madi?"

"Malcolm didn't tell you, I mean I have been sitting here for three days now so I'd think you'd notice by now but Malcolm and I are going to try our relationship again," Madi looked at me and I wanted to tear her apart. She didn't deserve a second chance, she was troubled from the start.