Chapter Forty-One : i missed you

Paige

It had been six days since I had seen or heard from Parker, given I hadn't tried to reach out to him but I would've thought he'd text me or something. It was Christmas five days ago so that might have caught him up. He didn't even text Merry Christmas, in fact I didn't. I wasn't mad though, he probably got tired of me. He needed some time to himself and I couldn't be mad at that, he does have a lot to deal with at my house.

I sat down to attempt to finally start my homework for the first time as Kayla and Josh were hanging out in the living room but I couldn't focus. Parker was acting a little weird when he got back, maybe I should text him. I did also tell him I didn't trust him. A text wouldn't hurt or a possible facetime right?

I called him and watched it ring for a little before realizing he wasn't going to answer so I ended up hanging up and setting my phone down and looking at the paper I needed to write.

Maybe I should text him, yeah a little check up text never hurt anyone.

Hey, I haven't heard from you in awhile. I just wanted to check on you, I miss you. I looked at it and shook my head deleting it.

"He's probably just busy," I muttered, putting my phone to the side and my mom must have sensed something because she sat down next to me.

"What's on your mind sweetie?" she asked.

"Hypothetically, if I guy hasn't texted you does that mean," how do I ask if a fake dating agreement ended if he hasn't contacted me and I hadn't contacted him? "he lost interest?"

"Oh," my mom looked a little more at ease, "Parker usually goes on a camping trip with some of his family for a week. You knew this, Malcolm will try to contact Parker all week but the service there is terrible."

I did, why did I forget about this? I think he mentioned it when I was walking him to his truck but Kayla made a comment while we were walking out which put me in another mood.

My phone buzzed and I noticed that Mason sent me the pictures from the dance of Parker and I and I smiled.

"Those are beautiful," my mom commented looking over my shoulder, "who took these?"

"Mason," I said.

"Tell him to send me those," my mom nudged me.

I texted him and sent Mason my moms number.

My phone buzzed again and Scarlet had sent me a reminder of the party that she had told me about in October, "Party has been moved for tonight, if you still wanna come! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Mom can I go to a party with Scarlet tonight?" I looked over at her as she was in the pantry.

"Yeah, that sounds fun!" she commented.

"Ummm isn't Scarlet in college?" Kayla butted in.

"Oh hush Kayla, I trust Scarlet and I trust Paige to make good decisions," my mom commented, putting some ingredients on the island, "Paige doesn't need to stay home every night."

"It's just, Paige hasn't been making the best decisions," Kayla looked at me like she disapproved of my decisions.

"Neither have you," my mom commented, "but you're an adult so I let you choose what you're doing but Paige here is my daughter, my responsibility so I get a say in what she does and doesn't. You don't get to try to persuade me to choose another way. I know my children, even when you don't think I do," my mom had had enough of Kayla's comments of my relationship with Parker and that I had liked Josh. She was ready to send Kayla back to college.