Chapter Nine : blanket?

Paige

Nora was in awe as Parker ran to the bleachers where we were sitting waiting for him to finish.

"Nora if you keep looking at him like that he might think you have a crush on him," I tapped her with my shoe as she sat in the row in front of me.

"I do though, he's a cutie, peanut," she smiled back at me, "you got him too."

I smiled at the nickname she gave me when she was little little, my parents always struggled with nicknames for me because everything didn't sound right, but when Nora was three she found my nickname.

"Hey guys," Parker lifted Nora up and then looked at me, and I knew he was wondering if I had cooled down. I did calm down when picking up Nora but doing homework on the bleachers, which are not the slightest bit comfortable and trying to figure out pre calc can get my anger kicked up.

"Parker that was so cool!" she looked at him amazed.

"You really think so baby Porter?" he looked at her and she blushed.

"I'm not a baby anymore," she smiled at him, "I'm grown now."

"You're grown?" Parker set her on the bleachers.

"I'm almost Paige's age," she crossed her arms like she had aged in the span of time he was practicing out there.

He looked at me like I should be laughing too but I was back to getting focused on pre calc, "Paige what have you taught her?"

"Everything I know apparently," I said, turning to the back of my homework.

Malcolm came up and took Nora's attention away from Parker so he came over and sat down before putting my bookbag in between the two of us and laid on it and just stared at me.

I set my homework down on the opposite side where he wasn't lounging and looked down at him, "am I boring you?"

He shook his head, "but I'm surprised you aren't pissed off about the fact that I'm drenched in sweat and laying on your bookbag."

"Hey I'm gonna take Nora home you coming?" Malcolm looked up at me and Parker answered for me.

"I'll bring her home, you guys go ahead," Parker waved Malcolm off and Malcolm didn't even look at me to get a 'is that okay with you'.

I picked up my homework again and Parker grabbed it from my hands before looking at it.

"Like you can do pre calc."

"How'd you get into the smarty pants classes? I don't take pre-calc until next year. There better not be hot seniors in that class catching your attention," he gave me a look like he was talking about Connor.

"Connor is in the class if that's what you're trying to get at," he sat up instantly and moved my bookbag on the floor before scooting closer to me.

"You know he threatened me when he talked to me in the hallway last, did I not tell you that?"

I looked at Parker shocked, "no you didn't, what did Connor say?"

"Told me to back off, that I was bad news and that if I hurt you he'll beat my ass. Does he not get we're the same age. He's just is a month older. I didn't hit the cut off date. Asshole," Parker grumbled under his breath, "I laughed in his face though because I couldn't take that shit seriously."

"Connor just doesn't want me getting hurt," I knew that it sounded like I was defending him.

"Bullshit," Parker shook his head, "he just wants you to be wrapped around his finger so he can fuck you until he stops hurting from Kayla leaving him. You'd be his rebound," he leaned back against the row behind us.