Chapter Ten : what was wrong with me?

Parker

Half way into the movie, my arms are over my head and I'm just chilling while also listening for the garage door to open but next thing I know is Paige moves and suddenly she's asleep on my chest, she's curled into a ball and she's cold to the touch. I grab the blanket that I kept out just in case she'd finally admit she was cold and gently as possible put it on her hoping she wouldn't wake up.

Haylee never really fell asleep when we hung out, and mostly when we did hang out we only did one thing and then she'd want to go hang out with her friends.

I knew I needed to pause the movie so we could finish where we left off once she woke up but what if by me pausing it that would be what woke her up. Hell she looked tired this morning and throughout the day so I didn't want to wake her. Besides she was peacefully sleeping and I couldn't be an ass and ruin that. My hands were falling asleep and I moved them from behind my head and hesitated to put my hand on her back. What was wrong with me?

I ended up letting it play all the way through but now my eyes were getting heavy as I mindlessly played with the tips of her hair. I rubbed my eyes to stay awake knowing that sleep was the last thing I should be doing.

She moved a little which woke me up a bit thinking she was going to wake up but instead she turned out to be cuddling with me, her leg was across my body and she was in fact definitely cuddling which part of me didn't mind it one bit and I knew I should be minding.

Fuck, what the hells wrong with me. I shouldn't be acting this way with her. I need to get my shit together and it was not fucking together, staring at her sleeping on my chest, while playing with her hair and liking how she snores a little. This was not apart of the fucking deal, shit!

She moved a little and muttered something before cuddling closer, shit that was cute but then she started shuffling more and I knew she was waking up and to find me staring at her like I am would freak her the fuck out so I acted like any rational fake boyfriend would do and act as if I was asleep.

I felt her rub her face into my shirt before setting up and I heard the small swears under her breath before she was searching the bed. Should I still act like I'm asleep or what?

"Parker," she hit my face with a pillow which made me realize who I was indeed fake dating. She was better asleep.

"Ow, what?" I pushed the pillow away.

"We fell asleep. Can I have your laptop tomorrow to finish the movie?" she looked at me and on her right cheek was an imprint of my shirt.

I smirked a little and she gave me a confused look.

"Is there something on my face?" she rubbed her face and I shook my head deciding not to comment on it.

"No, but yeah you can take my laptop for tomorrow just bring it back the next day. You might want the charger," I got up to grab my charger on my desk and she was relatively quiet which was a first.

"Parker," she said my name which made me look back, "I'm sorry for falling asleep," she hesitated, "on you. I must've been really tired, I usually am never like that. Falling asleep on anyone, I think I was just really cold so that's why I cuddled up to you. I'm really never like that, I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable, I wouldn't have been mad if you pushed me off. I'd understand, also sorry for throwing a pillow at you, I'm just a little crabby when I first wake up."

"Nah your good Porter," I handed her the charger and she smiled.

"Thank you, do you have a password for your laptop?" she looked up at me.