Chapter Six : crimson tide?

Parker

~ Three Days Later ~

I walked into the Porter's house uninvited usually and Nora and Paige were at the table going through her homework, Nora noticed me first and left the table in a hurry to greet me and Paige just stayed sitting there.

"Hey," I picked her up to give her a hug.

"Doesn't Paigey look pretty," she looked at me and winked and I shook my head, putting her down.

We hadn't gotten to the dating part yet, we were still hanging out trying to make sure everything was perfect but Nora was trying to make it happen faster.

"Malcolm's not here," Paige then started to come into the hallway with her arms crossed, something had been bothering her today and she wasn't good at communicating it with me.

I knew Malcolm wasn't here, he was talking to me at lunch to go spend time with Madi, "I know, I'm here to see you," she rolled her eyes and went to the table. I looked at Nora who mouthed.

"Tom came to town,"  she said before going back to the table.

Who the hell is Tom?

I sat down at the table across from Nora and next to Paige who wouldn't look at me or have any sort of conversation with me.

"Nora what letter is that?" she looked at her.

"P, for Parker and Paige," she looked up at both of us, "don't worry I'll give you two alone time and I'll draw my letters in the other room," she picked up her paper and walked in the living room.

Paige sighed and rubbed her face.

"Whos Tom?" I then asked.

"Tom?" Paige looked at me then confused.

"Nora said Tom came to town and I don't know who the hell that is," I answered.

Paige laughed and shook her head, "TOM, she meant," she then stopped, "never mind you'll find it gross like Malcolm does. Anyways when Kayla and I were close we used that and now Nora says it as if she knows what it is."

I hadn't seen her laugh for awhile, she usually is so focused and serious especially recently whenever in public, "No now I'm interested, why use Tom?"

She looked unsure at first, "well you want to know so don't go telling me you didn't want to hear it," she looked at me still skeptical.

"Nothing bothers me," I smiled and she rolled her eyes before answering.

"TOM, stands for time of month, you know periods," she waited for it to click and it did but it didn't make me sick. It was life.

"Haylee always told me something about the moon when she was on hers," I tried to remember what she called it.

"Moon time?" Paige looked at me confused.

"No, it's got something to do with the water and the moon," I shook my head feeling stupid.

"Crimson tide?" she then said.

"Yeah that one," I nodded.

"Haylee was open about her period?" Paige looked surprised.

"Well depending how bad her period was then yes. I usually could tell if she didn't tell me."

Paige nodded, "how are you doing with the break up?"

I was surprised out of anyone it'd be Paige asking how I'm doing, "Good," I nodded and she looked at me like she didn't believe the shit coming out of my mouth.