Chapter Three : did she just kiss you?

Parker

~ 1 Hour Before ~

I sat outside waiting for Haylee and I was getting a little impatient but it wasn't just with her, something Paige wasn't saying last time we saw each other was bothering me. But she was always like that, saying shit to piss me off without saying it. When I went over there a couple nights ago to hang out with Malcolm I found out that Paige went to her friends which, go figure, she would.

I got out of my car and went to the front before knocking and then realizing it would just be her so I went inside.

"Haylee are we going to school today or not!" I called out waiting for some sort of answer but instead all I got was silence.

I walked up the stairs now more concerned because she either was still asleep which was unlikely for her or something happened.

I then heard giggling coming from her room, "Parkers going to be here any minute, it was nice of you to come over to," she giggled again, "help me out but if he finds out again about us he'll lose his shit," she whispered.

I knew that voice instantly, "Shit, I know but damn Haylee," Noah responded.

I shook my head over this whole incident and just went back downstairs to my car pretending that I didn't witness what I just did. It felt too normal these days to find her sleeping with one of my friends. But I think I didn't do anything about it because I'm a fucking idiot and can't lose her.

I texted her saying that I was outside and to hurry her ass up not having time to wait around forever.

I saw her run outside pulling her shirt further down and getting in my car and instantly I was hit with his stupid clogne but I played it like I didn't, "hey baby," she kissed my cheek, "sorry I took so long my alarm went off but I was just too cozy to get out of bed."

"No your fine, I was running late anyways," I pulled away from her house and drove as she tried to make conversation but I never was the type to have a conversation in the morning mostly because I was exhausted but today was different. I can face Haylee because I'm used to the shit she plays but Noah. He knows and I don't know if I can face him.

Once we pulled up to the school I parked next to Malcolm who was sitting in his car talking to Paige.

"Huh looks like Noah's not here yet. He usually is," part of me was giving her an opportunity to fess up to what I already know.

"Huh, maybe he slept in," she shrugged, "I need to go talk to the girls about the upcoming cheer so I'll meet you a little later. I love you," she kissed me before leaving in a hurry.

I got out of the car and grabbed my bag from the back and that's when Malcolm and Paige got out.

"Bye Malcolm," Paige said in a hurry leaving, no snarky remark to me? That's new.

"Paige, wait!" I then heard someone call out and I looked up to see Connor chasing after her, and yet she wasn't stopping.

"What the hell is that about?" I motioned and Malcolm shook his head.

"I learned a lot of shit yesterday that I didn't see coming," Malcolm grabbed his bag, "she's in love with Connor," Malcolm then looked at me and I was surprised but then it all suddenly made sense.

"I see it," I nodded, "okay but why did she not stop to talk to him then?"

"She called him drunk two nights ago and she doesn't know what she said all she knows is she left a voicemail and you know how she is with confrontation especially with feelings," Malcolm shook his head and started towards the door.