Chapter Seven : did you go see her?

Paige

Malcolm came home a little later at night to find Parker and Nora reading one of her books she's supposed to be reading for her homework. She was cuddling with him on the couch as I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. Mom was traveling for business in Chicago while my dad was out with his buddies drinking.

"Are you guys dating or what?" Malcolm asked, coming over to me.

"What do you mean Malcolm?"

"I mean my best friend, who usually only comes over for me is here for the third time this week and isn't here for me but for you. So are you guys official yet or what the hells going on?"

I looked up from cutting the green pepper and looked at Malcolm, "No not dating yet."

"Okay so then what's going on between you two really? This isn't like Parker to hang out with you," he said it like it was wrong for Parker to spend time with me.

"I told you," I looked down at the green pepper not wanting to look at him in the eyes.

"Yeah and you catching feelings for Parker, isn't you and him catching feelings for you, isn't him. You guys don't click, you guys clash together and it's not a good thing," Malcolm stated his opinion too much here.

"What are you saying Malcolm? That I'll never be good enough to be in his life? That since he's popular and attractive and everything I'm not that he'd be stooping too low since Haylee? Is that it? I'm not worthy of Parker Greyson?" It hurt knowing part of the reason Malcolm was asking was because it held truth.

"Paige when you say it like that it sounds like I'm an asshole brother," he looked at me almost like he was surprised I even thought that but it was what he was thinking.

"Whatever, I'm going to go get a pizza, you made cooking seem too much right now," I bagged the pepper and went to grab my phone.

"Paige!" Malcolm called out like he had a chance of fixing what he said.

I grabbed my phone and went out on the porch before picking a pepperoni pizza just for the four of us.

The front door opened and I shook my head, "Malcolm I told you to leave me alone," I waited for a response.

"Good thing I'm not him then," Parker came over to me on the porch swing and sat next to me.

"You're lucky you weren't there," I muttered.

"I heard what you said and how he responded," he responded.

"And was I right?" I looked over at him and he shook his head.

"All I heard come out of your mouth was insecurities," he looked back at me, "Malcolm doesn't like the idea of us together so he'll be an asshole and try to get in your mind to make you change your mind. Malcolms worried about losing me to you and losing you to me. Two important people in his life and they are together."

I was quiet trying to understand something now, "Wait where has Malcolm been for the past three days if he's not hanging out with you?"

"I don't know," Parker shrugged his shoulders but there was that look on his face like he knew actually.

"Parker what do you know and aren't telling me?" I turned around to face him but Parker kept quiet, "Fine I'll go ask myself," Parker stayed seated and I went inside.

"Where have you been for three days?" I asked and Malcolm got up from the couch in a hurry turning off his phone, "what are you hiding from me Malcolm?"